M142 HIMARS - the corrected build

@Blucop

Luckily … It wasn’t as hard finding the size as I thought …:grin:

HTHs…

John

1 Like

It sounds like a detail set is in order.

Bumped into the first major obstacle.

Cabin roof is wrong so I corrected it.
A word about Trumpeters pricing. I bought the kit for 79,99 Euros some years ago. Been today on the homepage of Glow2Be company,the German distributor. they call for a MSRP of 92(!) Euro.

I think this is not solely because Trumpeter raised the prices. Prices of transportation, energy and all the small invisible things cost more these days.

Any more progress on this one? It was coming along well.

The price rise is simply the popularity of it being deployed in Ukraine.

I bought mine for $82 US in October. A week later it was at $128.00.

Anyway bought it again in January after I built the first one for $88. But this time I want to build in tan/green look.

heck even Spruebrothers is R@#$ing customers if in stock.

In the world of fly fishing we often use a form of monofilment line that is known as “hard Monfilment line”. Not knowing what your diameter is I can tell you it goes all the way out to 100lb. test, and is pretty stiff to work with. It will glue with normal CA glue. Been looking at 20 and 30lb. test to use as a whip antenna. Plus ten bucks will give you enough to do ten models
gary

ain’t that the truth! I was looking for a certain Sherman tank, and Spru Brothers was $55. Somebody sent me a link for one and i bought two for $49 a piece!
gary

No Sir, simply lost the spirit to correct all the mistakes. Perhaps one day, when I see the real one at GTA and have enough pics, I will continue.