M163 question

Ive just ordered the Academy M163 and want to upgrade it. The HF. Conversion is rare and expensive, but there’s also. Black Dog conversion out there at a much lower price.

Any opinions, input on these sets?

Thanks Folks

1 Like

The HF set is very complete and includes a full interior for the M113 with all the internal ammo cans, drive motors, etc. It is very nice. The Black Dog set only has external pieces, that are really not much better than the original Academy parts. I think they may actually be copies of what Academy offers. The Academy kit is pretty good as is. If you are looking to upgrade it, I would go with the HF set.

1 Like

I wouldn’t bother with Black Dog as well… I had couple of their conversions and wasn’t very impressed.

Hobby Fan on the other hand… their M163 upgrade is one of the best things I had in my hands. Absolutely wonderful resin, sharp details. Yes, it is expensive, but worth every cent. Here’s what I did with it.

http://www.armorama.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewtopic&topic_id=156724&page=1

Mario

1 Like

I too have fallen victim to the scourge of the unfinished build blog. Did you ever finish your Machbet?

1 Like

No, unfortunately not. I lost interest at some point and started dreaming about other projects. Still, Machbet is one of my dearest projects and I will definitely be returning to finish that one.

Mario

When the HF upgrade came out, I guess around '01 or '02, I just couldn’t justify the cost, now that I’m more willing to make the investment I can’t find the kit. Have the “Six shooter” in my lineup and after checking out Mario’s build I know I’m gonna have to up my game, well done, I’ll have to bookmark and use for reference, thanks for posting.

1 Like