M163a1 pivads

@Arch-Stanton

Same to you Arch - willing to sell the spare parts?

As you guys can tell, I am quite serious about building both variance of the ones I served on. It has been a dream of mine ever since I got out of the service over 30 years ago. Now that I am ready to build them all the parts they would’ve needed are impossible to fine or discontinued.

PM sent.

I found my copy of the Hobby Link 3D interior set on eBay. I paid around $80 for the kit and shipping. I have built the HobbyFan kit Heavy has. I too have been looking for that kit as I want to do another one. I am not looking for the HobbyFan set anymore. After opening the Hobby Link 3D kit, I am happy with this kit. I think it looks good and am looking forward to building my next M163.

Contact Wanamaker and get in the list. He’s been getting shipments about once a month from Vietnam

A very old NOS Eduard M163A1 interior set.

Edited to add, they’re yours @2ndID_M163 if you want them

For small-ish drones my thoughts go to shotguns but maybe they fly to high up for shotguns …

3" Magnum shells will reach.

1 Like

Definitely an unusual diorama and when someone says: ‘That would never happen’
you can answer: ‘Sure did! That’s me lugging those wheels…’

1 Like

Another detail that should be somewhere is the feed chute for the ammo hold at the back of the vehicle.

I built one using the Eduard PE sets.

It’s in the Eduard set.
Ken

2 Likes

It is also in the Hobby Fan set.

1 Like

A modern flechette round might do it.
I think low tech is really needed for some of these smaller drones.

1 Like

I’ve never seen the Hobby Fan set. But I like the look of that new Hobby Link one.
Ken

Damn, this site keeps making me go out and spend more money! :cry: :sob:

1 Like

Bellied out on a muddy tank trail…

2 Likes

@2ndID_M163 I spent a lot of time driving tanks and M577s, never had a road wheel fall off. Had just about everything else happen, but not the road wheel. Was that common in ADA units? Or were you just lucky?! That sort of thing seems to happen to some people. We usually tried to stay away from people like that. Especially in a thunderstorm! :zap: :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: :boom:
Ken

2 Likes

I remember we would ALWAYS have mondays in the Motor Pool, torquing lugnuts, checking seals and topping of the hydraulics before and after going to the field. We mostly were on 4-day field problems, so out ITVs and M113s had to be in top shape, considering how old some of the tracks were. We we’re using M901A1s and M113A2s for years and there was always THAT one “cursed” vehicle that would always throw a track or shear the lugs off a drive sprocket.

Then my little happy as would jump in a Humvee (I was a Supply Clerk at the time) and drive back to post, get spare parts and drive back to the field, where the guys would spend hours fixing their track in the field.

And you went to Popeyes as well!
:rofl:

1 Like

Chicken Po’Boy Sandwich with medium Fries and a Medium Coke.

YOU DAMN RIGHT I DID. :smirk:

Sweet Tea! It was too hot for coke-at least to me.

1 Like

They didn’t have Popeye’s when I was in. We had the AAFES snak bar, with the AFFES burger. Finally, they started putting Burger Kings on post.
But I do miss the old AAFES gut truck. Even in the field, they would show up.
Ken

3 Likes