M1A2 Abrams Sepv2 Academy

Started the turret, it’s my first time working with antireflex stickers so there might be some issues.

3 Likes

Left lens is clear, right lens has the Anti-reflective coating.

4 Likes

I wish I had seen this sooner but it’s not the biggest issue I still think it look good

1 Like

It happens…

1 Like

The left lens is actually dark, not clear. It is for the thermal imager, visible light does not pass through it.
Ken

1 Like

What are the two lenses or circles to the left?

1 Like

I believe they’re caps over desiccant cartridge’s .

2 Likes

Abrams is almost done, just some minor accessories must be glued like crows. There have been some issues with anti reflex stickers but fortunately they are not so visible.

10 Likes

The model is finally assembled, of course there are some accessories left like canisters (which I’m probably going to add after painting), spare wheels and combat identification panels on side turret but I saw abrams without them on photo so I’m not gonna add them. Abrams may not be 100% “historically” accurate. Crows is a bit crooked, so once the model is painted, I will just glue it.

8 Likes

Small update before washing the model.

I filled the gap on engine deck which I haven’t surprisingly noticed until now.

4 Likes

There should be a small gap all along there as the plates on top open and that is where they come together.

1 Like

ahhh, I’m a little tired of this model. I’m not some kind of “professional” modeler so that small detail doesn’t really bother me

2 Likes

Those T-Rex tracks are sure nice - only thing they are missing is some pad wear! I recently designed and printed these tracks to incorporate some more realistic pads.

8 Likes

Those look great, especially the chunking on the corners!

1 Like

I painted the model with black primer

6 Likes

Painted a base coat

9 Likes

Started doing shading.

Plans have changed again a little. I’m going to do the green camo instead of nato (I just hate doing multicolor camo especially nato).

6 Likes

Finished shading, I’m not 100% satisfied with the shade of green but it’s not always possible to reproduce it 1:1

It’s time for detail painting and then some oils.

5 Likes

That’s some really nice shading!. Great job!

2 Likes

I like the shade of green and the shading. Depending on what you add on top it might look even better (varnishes, washes etc)

:+1: :+1:

3 Likes