M1A2 Abrams Sepv2 Academy

Let’s start the new project abrams from academy, I also bought t-rex tracks and afv club anti reflection stickers and I’m planing to buy metal gun barrel. Abrams is going to be Polish in single color green polygon camo or 3 tone nato camo (however the tank in the picture with nato camo isn’t sepv2 but sepv3).

IMG_5830
IMG_5831
IMG_5832
IMG_5833

7 Likes

Ooooh i’m going to stick around for this one - great project!

I’ll try my best making this kit but it’s going to be a long journey…

I’m interested to see how the tracks look like when sitting on the model.
Like metal tracks from Friul, there have separate axles to join 2 track pads.
Good luck !

1 Like

I didn’t think Poland was getting M1A2 SEP v2s. In the other thread on Polish Abrams (below), you yourself stated they are now getting M1A1 FEPs and in '24 getting M1A2 SEP v3s and will be converting the FEPs to M1A2 SEP V3s as well.

1 Like

Poland recieved around 25 abrams sepv2 to train our soldiers on abrams, we will give them back as soon as first sepv3 arrive
Here you got the link to the source Abrams MBTs Received at the Poland's Land Forces Training Centre | Defence24.com

1 Like

Looking forward to seeing the results.

2 Likes

Finally after more than 2 months decided to go back to this kit.

3 Likes

I’m pacing back/forth myself, trying to resist the urge to start working on one of the two SEP v2 Abrams kits i have in my stash.

From which company? Rfm, academy, voiio or Dragon?

One is a Ryefield, the other one is a Dragon.

2 Likes

After another month I have finally had some time for modeling. Finished one track which took me approximately 5 hours but honestly I think that it was worth it.

6 Likes

The second track is assembled. Finally after few hours the worst and the most boring part of building a model ended.

9 Likes

The hull is finished and it took me less than assembling tracks.

7 Likes

Build looking good so far. Don’t forget to leave the center caps clear (you probably already know this). A little clear smoke in the center would look good to replicate the oil inside the hubs.

(Older center caps)

2 Likes

I consider making this model muddy so clear parts are probably not going to be visible but thanks for reminding.

3 Likes

As for color schemes, i would go with the single color dark green.

4 Likes

Love that color.

1 Like

Yeah, green on abrams looks great but I’ve been thinking about nato camo

3 Likes

NATO-flage then…

4 Likes