This is the second example of the Tamiya 1/48 scale M1A2 I’ve built. The first one I finished as a SEP v2 but this one will be an earlier version without all the extra stuff.
The Tamiya kit needs to be modified to remove a couple of features that aren’t really relevant to the vast majority of US Army A2s. Other than that, it’s been a case of refining ans adding details to improve the base model.
Stowage and extras are a mix of aftermarket, 3d printed (from Shapeways) and scratchbuilt pieces.
I’m not entirely sure what markings I’ll be using but probably 1-67 or 3-67AR from 4 ID with a 2003 timeframe. I decided not to use the kit decals simply because they are ones everyone else seems to use