M29 Weasel and Typhoon-K from TAKOM | Armorama™

We need a new Ontos !

3 Likes

My track record (no pun intended) re campaigns isn’t, sadly, very good; I get far too distracted and go off on tangents, which all eats into the time allotted for the campaign project. My Fog of War input, and epic fail, is a case in point (although I’m beavering away on it now).

2 Likes

I’m aware of the inclusion in Walcheren et al, I’m just sure I’ve seen mention of them in an armoured regiment. It was probably in a biography or similar such as “Flesh Wounds”, “Warriors for the Working Day” or perhaps Stuart Hills’ “By Tank into Normandy”; I’ll have to do some reading!

1 Like

There is only a handful who are always successful or so it seems with completing campaigns. I am not in that category, I have more goose eggs then successes but it’s still fun to try. There is usually a generic shelf queen campaign that it can roll into if not completed in time.

2 Likes

This is one that wont be sitting on the shelves for long, neither the suppliers or mine. So many ideas for dioramas don’t know where to begin :thinking::thinking: .
Hope it’s not long in coming out as stock .
I shall look forward to hearing other people’s ideas on this one .

1 Like

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: Interesting that there is no specific feedback on the Typhoon yet…

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing… :blush:

I have the older Takom’s version and I bought RCWS and the jammer as resin upgrades. Good to see Takom decided to upgrade their kit and include those in the plastic form.

Mario

1 Like

The M29 kit is the first in 1/35th,
the Typhoon is the third (Takom 2082 and Zvezda 3701).
Maybe there will be less excitement when the third M29 gets announced.

1 Like

The Typhoon is just the warm up band for the Weasel…

4 Likes

Thanks for all the idea’s , I think a close look into some of the invasion plans maybe a place to go . Also the photo achieves would help.
Again thank you.

1 Like

Well, at least now I don’t have to worry anymore about getting the old Monogram M29C, and then converting it to a basic M29.

2 Likes

Gotta get the Weasel. I always thought they were neat looking vehicles.

1 Like

Takom is now showing the M29 Weasel boxart.

2 Likes

Finally! Everybody and their brother has been waiting 50 years for this kit!

2 Likes

I have the ADV-Azimut resin kit somewhere, but It is missing some parts if I remember correctly…

1 Like

Can we get French markings for the First Indochina War?

1 Like

I believe the French ones in Indochina were all M29C Amphibious versions. The new Takom kit is the original land version, a straight M29.

1 Like

Just give it some time and Takom will probably release an M29C as well …

1 Like

Agreed.

In the meantime, there is the old Monogram M29C if you have to have one now.

It can come out nicely, with some TLC and elbow grease.

Not mine.

4 Likes

Yep a little work and it can look nice. Lack of rubber band track replacement is not great. They were not as bad as the Italeri LVT tracks.

I did this like 10-12 yrs ago. Used Archer instrument decals and stars.

Could use a good cleaning.

3 Likes