M2A1 Bradley ODS build

Looks the part. Decals and a bit of weathering and it will look great.

I have started a new Bradley project as well; M6A2 Linebacker. I will be starting a post on it soon.

3 Likes

This is great! Very inspiring!
I’ve unearthed an old M2 I was converting to A1 from the Tamiya interior kit. I believe i stopped work on it in the 1980s!!! :rofl::rofl:
Maybe I should resurrect it as the oldest shelf queen….

4 Likes

I pulled the interior off the M2, planning on adding it to the M2A2 ODS and made the M2 an almost fully button-down vehicle.

1 Like

Nice texture.
FYI - anyone needing those interiors, I just got a new batch.

2 Likes

Awesome build.

I ordered a Tamiya M2 off ebay.

I will build it as C-35 which was our “wingman” during Desert Storm.

1 Like

Much love there. :heart:

I’ll be building the A2 ODS I have and build it like one of ours as 2nd Brigade had them when we went to Somalia in 1993. I was with 1st brigade, so I didn’t go there.

2 Likes

For an M2A2 in Somalia '93, you should not add any of the parts from the ODS upgrade sprue (F), except the TOW reload hatch lift rings. These were actually present on M2A2s. The lift rings, F5, were actually on all Bradleys starting w/the M2. Tamiya just missed them.

The ODS mods were not added that early after ODS. Based on what I see, it is a straight M2A2 with the newer square block tracks and still has individual seating in the back. Maybe a ribbed barrel, but hard to tell.

I may have to get another M2A2 ODS and build it as a Ukraine Bradley since they are getting a few soon.

4 Likes

For her pleasure?
While there are many weapons with ribbed barrels, this is not one of them. Fluted perhaps, which is a whole 'nother thing.

2 Likes

Ribbed? Fluted? Doesn’t matter… With enough lube… :rofl:

I’ll see myself out.

6 Likes

That bumpber number on that M2A2 looks to be 33. Is that a Charlie Co. vehicle?

Looks to be from the Platoon marking on the side.

If it is C-33, holy cow talk about chills, as that was my A1 Bradleys number.

I got goose bumps, now.

1 Like

Yup; looks like C-33.

Well, she got a heck of an upgrade! :rofl:

1 Like

Where are you on this build?

Right now the turret is complete and everything was done. All I need to do is detail painting.

1 Like

Dealing with multiple builds, so this one was slightly forgotten.

8 Likes

Looking very good!

Coming along nicely.