M3 Grant Mk. II engine bay pictures

Hello,

I am planning a build of Miniart’s Grant Mk. II kit no. 35282, and am wondering if anyone has any reference pictures of the engine bay? I have a Tank Workshop diesel engine for the build ready to go, but can not find any reference pictures. I have David Doyle’s amazing M3 Lee Grant book, but there isn’t any pictures of the engine in situ, only removed from the tank. Any help is greatly appreciated.

The M3 Grant Mk 2 is the M3A5. Try Here:

[

]

http://afvdb.50megs.com/usa/pics/m3lee/m3lee.html

2 Likes

@petbat thank you! I hadn’t even thought about YouTube!! Its been a big week at work and my brain isn’t really functioning properly…nothing new though haha.

Seriously, thank you!

Don’t happen to have any good links to Grants used by the 2/9th in Qld in 1943 lol?

20220910_231002

1 Like

From the Anzac Steel website. 4th Armoured late 1943 - Likely 2/9th after they were moved from Singleton NSW to the Atherton Tablelands in May 1943. Early 1944 were re-equipped with Matilda tanks.

C Squadron 2/9th

28 April 1944 M3 2/9th training at Watsonville:

WATSONVILLE AREA, QLD. 1944-04-28. GENERAL GRANT M3 MEDIUM TANK, NAMED CURLY, OF THE 2/9TH ARMOURED SQUADRON ADVANCING UNDER COVER OF THE BUSH BEFORE AN ATTACK ON CHURCH KNOLL AND CATHEDRAL KNOLL, TWO POINTS WHICH THE 2/6TH INFANTRY BATTALION ARE TO ASSAULT DURING A COMBINED ARMS TRAINING EXERCISE.

1 Like

Thank you so much. Im glad Miniart provide a decal option for Curly…although the one im planning won’t be Curly. It will be another tank starting with the letter c…CARBINE

20220830_203932

Im planning to build the tank and bank at the rear of picture for a diorama idea.

2 Likes