M4 high speed tractor post war

Hello
I hope I’m in the right section.
A friend gave me this model some time ago, and I’ve been wanting to make an abandoned rusty vehicle for a while, reused for work. It’s the PSP brand that no longer exists. Time for photos.

Thank
Pascal76

25 Likes

Wow! Great job! Everything is in a good balance, not too much rust, not too little. What did you use for the dirt deposits inside the tractor? It looks great!

1 Like

Very nice job Pascal! Great job on the finish especially the rusted areas. I love the debris laying around inside the vehicle too.

2 Likes

Beautiful work! You really nailed the look of an abandoned derelict vehicle rusting away after years of hard service. Bravo! :saluting_face:

2 Likes

Extremely nice work on that rust. Very convincing!

3 Likes

I can almost see that tractor, rusting away in some field in the Midwest US, once used as a farm tractor, then neglected because of lack of repair parts… lost to history - a shell of its former self.

4 Likes

Beautiful work there! I almost feel sorry for the model in just the same way I would the real vehicle if seen sitting in a field.

2 Likes

I bet this was the inspiration.

3 Likes

I see things like that on 287 between Dumas, TX and Lamar, CO all the time.

3 Likes

I need to move permanently to Texas and start spending some money on finding and restoring old stuff like that. It’s a dream of mine, especially after watching Workshop Wednesdays…

I think Ft. Worth really, I mean REALLY needs an armored vehicle museum.

2 Likes

And would you look at that?

Hobby Boss makes a kit, with a 90mm gun to tow around.

Line it up with the rest of the family; the M1, the M2, the M3/M3A1/M3A3, M4 HST, M5/M5A1 and M8 HMC.

2 Likes

I’m my travels along that stretch over more than twenty years I’ve seen a Swedish tandem cab Jagglund, several Willys Jeeps, all manner of GMC WWII trucks, from 3/4 ton on up.

Oh, there’s also the two half tracks I found that are being used for light switching duty. I posted them several weeks ago.
There’s a place that must restore military trucks south of Lamar - they’re all along the highway. M35’s, including a water tank version I want to build, and all manner of 900 series trucks. I’d love to get a 5 ton and up-armor it. Camp Shelby also sells them with the armored cab. I posted about it on the old site. They’re so cheap it actually costs more to transport them home than they cost. Unfortunately that’s why I did bite on that White 3000 COE tanker I saw last summer and posted. Man that thing has the perfect patina.

What do you think, Pascal? I’d love for you to tackle something like that

3 Likes

A WIlly’s, an WC35 Dodge, an M715 Kaiser “Five Quarter”… I could go on about them.

Hell; If I win the lotto, a 1940s Dodge Power Wagon is on my short list.

In all honesty, a side hustle as a helper in an armor museum would be a dream gig for me.

3 Likes

I collected what was lying at the bottom of the boxes where I stored the various herbs and plants for decorations and then crushed them

2 Likes

YES exactly

1 Like

Beautiful work, love the weathering and you nailed the abandoned feel!

I did a 1/24 Willys Jeep a while back in a very similar scheme but not quite as “abandoned”.

Cheers, D

5 Likes

Yours looks like “Rode hard, put away wet”. I love it.

3 Likes

I’m still waiting for somebody to make the 90mm AA Gun kit. At least the later dual purpose variant like my dad served on…

4 Likes

No attempt here to throw any shade on your exceptional model just sharing another possible detailing idea.

If one where to remove the rear most, passenger side, seat back panel there is a opening used to access the hoses that are otherwise unreachable between the engine and the radiator.

m_4_tractorCrop

I am trying to build mine with the ammo box and roof sections removed as if undergoing maintenance so I am adding as much detail to the engine bay as I can manage.

Just sharing a detailing idea.

5 Likes

Good morning
yes we can always detail, for my kit I redid some parts because it is an old resin kit, but my main motivation was to test the rusty style.

2 Likes