M60A3 now available

Of course you do. It’s just that you haven’t realised it yet :wink:

2 Likes

If one wants to be nit picky: the idler adjusting arm originally was adjusted with a large wrench (little joe) and sometime in the late (?) ‘80’s it was replaced with a part that used a grease gun to adjust the tension.

Come on Rory, you know you want one lol !

One! Who doesn’t want a Air Force tank?

1 Like

Yes I should have clarified that lol, especially since I have about 6 from various manufacturers and versions

My kit arrived today. From the photos I have, the side sponsons should have white USAF not black US Air Force. I am checking with my buddy who with the 401st then but there is only decals for the tank name on one side, seems strange just to have the tank name only on one side not both. Could be something was communicated wrong incorrectly as they want you to put both names one tank vs the two tanks the AF had.

Addition: you need to source aluminum-ribbed road wheels as the kit has the plain road wheels. Any options to replace outside of panzer art?

The Air Force had M60s? I know the South Vietnamese air force had a few M24s but I knew nothing about this…

During the Gulf War with 401st TFW (P) in Qatar. The thought was to use them to dozer the runway after a bombing.

I didnt know this, thats pretty interesting.

Here is an article about 1/2 way down. The photos is my buddies. Used to be a club member and reconnected doing research when the kit was announced.

That mantra JUST as RFM, or Mini Art release an M60A2 FULL INTERIOR…