M8 Greyhound from Andy's Hobby | Armorama™

Andy's Hobby HQ announced a new kit in 1/16 scale.

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/news/m8-greyhound-from-andy-s-hobby
4 Likes

Perfect for your Ardennes ambush Dio you were planning,

3 Likes

HA! Now you can build a diorama of the M8 that took out a Tiger I in 1/16 scale!
(I’m not sure if it’s true or not but there’s a story of an M8 that got a rear hull shot on a Tiger I and brewed it up.)

4 Likes

No radio?

Looks amazing! I’m hoping someone will do this in 1/24th-with this kind of accuracy and detail!

1 Like

I hope an M20 is down the pike soon. The M8 looks very nice.

3 Likes

That should be almost a given since the parts similarities and Andy doing similar releases like that.

2 Likes

At that scale you can even model the spare shorts the M8 crew needed after that encounter!

4 Likes

I have quoted that story for years until I started to find WW2 ordnance tables that show it was 99.9% impossible. I recently found this site that includes a page from a British penetration chart showing the 37mm APC M51 chance of poking holes in Tiger Is and Panthers at 0, 30 and 60 angle-off.

Considering the penchant for US troops to consider every panzer a Tiger, I can believe they killed a Panzer IV. I still like the David v Goliath story, though.

3 Likes

Oh, man, now you’re gonna tell me somethin bad about the Easter bunny…

3 Likes

I hate to be the one to tell you but …

4 Likes

Untitled

1 Like

I’ll be interested in seeing what 3D items AFV Modeller will make to improve on the kit.

2 Likes