Thanks Matt, early days - with many more complications to follow!
I just noticed one issue with your build. On M809 series trucks, the battery box was redesigned on the right side step, outside the cab. It is one of the M809-specific features. You still have the M54 side step battery box on yours.
I was wondering if this is one part Mike or James was going to design as part of the 3D printed set, but it doesn’t look like it. If this was in the set, along with the different M809 grill options (there were 3 different designs used), it would be a complete conversion set.
Thanks for that Gino, I’ll get onto that this week. The battery box would compliment the hood set beautifully. I’m going to contact Mikey on this and see what he can do.
Maybe someone who’s bought the RM conversion set can comment on what’s in the box.
I have the older RM set and the parts are pretty bad. I actually just bought the AFV Club M54A2 cab sprues on eBay and plan on using only the RM hood (which fits the AFV Club cab perfectly) and the battery box out of it. The battery box isn’t that nice either. If a 3D printed one was available, I would probably get it instead.
Not a happy household here. Our dog, Elizabeth had to be put down on Saturday following a short period of illness.
It’s left a huge hole in our lives and both our hobbies are on hold for awhile.
Happy modelling, folks!
I feel your pain. Our dog had to be put down last month. It sucks.
So sorry to hear that. My condolences. I grieve with you. A big hole in this household since we had to put down our Saint Bernard. It does suck.
Thanks Gino and Matt, she was a beautiful little MaltiPoo, 7lbs in all. We had her for 5 short years and she filled our lives.
RIP our darling Libby.
I am sorry for your loss.
I understand how you feel. Lost my dog after 13 years.
Thanks for that Ken.
Back at the bench today. Built Section 1 and 2 of the bracing, finished pieces are shown dry-fitted here and seem OK. On to Section 3 for the pump and painting tomorrow.
Built the pump unit braces and now getting some paint down. First coat of Vallejo Air Wood, may lighten it up tomorrow
Baby steps this weekend. Had to trim the #2 braces to fit behind the pump unit base. Also realised the #3 braces need to be much narrower than in the diagram I was using.
I’ll get onto that and more tomorrow.
Today I built the #3 braces, 3 pieces of 1.5mm each side snugs the pump platform well. Also used the Voyager PE mudflaps. Body is dry-fitted on frame in pics.
The New Real Model Conversion for 800 series has all parts included ,very nice as most are 3-d printed,very nice Battery Box too…
Scroll down below.
Hi Matt, I’d heard the new RM stuff is good but I’ve invested quite a bit of effort and time with Mikey and earlier, James Lee on this M809 project.
Having seen Mikey’s latest post, I feel sure the updates will be ready soon.
I m looking forward to Mikey s Updates
That’s a real nice build keep it up.