Made in Ukraine

After some restoration and then some more building, 90% of the building is done.
I provisionally glued in the hatches with white glue to facilitate spraying and the top is still loose.

8 Likes

Good save Erwin! It doesn’t look like it was smashed to bits at all!

1 Like

Thanks, that is a good thing! :blush:

Primed with gray primer.

4 Likes

Base colours are on…

10 Likes

The colors look stunning already! I’m really waiting for the finished model :sunglasses:
Well done do far! :beer:

Thanks… I muted them down yesterday with a brown wash…

Well, I declare my contribution to this campaign to be ready. Miniart Austin Armoured Car 1918 pattern, in Ireland 1919-1921.
As you have seen, it didn’t get there by itself, yet I am very satisfied with how it turned out after the big set back.
Later on, it will be included in a diorama, at which point I will post the results in a separate thread.

13 Likes

Basecoat with Testor’s Flat Olive Drab spray can enamel.

2 Likes

@ golikell - Looking absolutely great (and threatening…)!
I like the camouflage with the red and white marked areas.
Well done! :smiley: :beer:

1 Like

Dankeschön Peter! Your kind words are really appreciated. The red and white markings stem from the first World War, where they served as aerial recognition marks.

Thank you, so I learned something new! :raising_hand_man:

1 Like

I am getting ready to start my build. It does not get more Ukrainian than this :slightly_smiling_face:

More to follow :+1:t2:

4 Likes

Plastic has been cut and glued :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Looks great. How is the fit?
I planned to do this one but got caught up with other projects.

The fit is not super. Especially not around the nose cone. The nose is split lengthwise as part of the fuselage - instead of having a separately cast nose cone to glue on the fuselage halves. Really weird casting choice and I foresee a lot of sanding to make that nose cone look right.

Other parts look ok so far. Really crisp and thin casting on the missile wings.

As long as the decals work out it will be a cool build. :sunglasses: Nobody will notice the nose cone :wink::smile::smile:

2 Likes

Thanks. I recall the Airfix Mig-29 having a similar issue. I had a lot of problems with that kit when I built it in my youth. The rudder to fuselage join was horrendously bad.

I recently read an article stating that the Ukrainian Air Force with assistance from Raytheon, had been able to fit some 29’s with HARM’s. I’m tempted to do the same. Information about the exact fit and aircraft is sketchy, so my attempt will probably not be 100%.

There is actually quite a lot of info on it. I will do the same if I can find a HARM in 1/72 in my stash.

There is quite good pictures of it on twitter - especially for the SU-27 as well.

Let me dig out the pictures and post them.

1 Like

That would be great thanks.
Don’t know if it’s how I’m using, but not seen much except for a couple of photos and a short video. Nothing about the particular aircraft, colours bort number etc. Wasn’t sure if they were trying to keep a lid on it.

Best of luck with it.

Not a lot of good pictures of the HARM on the Mig-29. On the video on twitter/youtube it is visible that the HARM missiles are on the inner launch racks on either side.

Below some better pictures on the SU-27.

4 Likes