Made in Ukraine

OK, thanks for the forewarning, Jesper. I have this kit in my stash, too. Yet I’m still working on the last bits of an SU-24 Fencer with digital camo for the Ukraine.

Thanks, I had seen that video but as it concentrates on the slogan being written on, I hadn’t noticed the redesigned pylon the LAU-118 had been hung under. I would assume the 29 has something very similar. Should be easy to make from plasticard.

1 Like

Peter, it is a nasty seam. And really unnecessary if the kit had been engineered a bit better. Lots of sanding coming up….

1 Like

Really bad indeed. I will check it with my kit later. Ok, at least we supported the Ukrainian forces… :v:
Probably the IBG kit would have been the better choice.
Peter :raising_hand_man:

There older boxing is a little better, wonder if molds/that boxing did fair well.

With some glue the seam will mostly be gone.

3 Likes

Thanks Jesper.
Forewarned is forearmed. Good luck with it.

I think I got lucky, too. This is just the usual kind of seam one has to deal with now and then, not too big a problem :sweat_smile: :raising_hand_man:

2 Likes

Nice work Peter. On the toppics of seams, I have finally finished the raw build of the C119. NOT a huge fan of putty and sandind three separate fuselages at once…

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing, guys. Maybe I got unlucky or I warped the fuselage a bit when installing the cockpit. In any case I will fix it. :raised_hands:t2:
I have more boxes in my stash, so I will try again on the next one :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

It was only dry fitting, Jacob. I haven’t decided yet to start building it, but maybe…it hasn’t so many parts, has it?
:raising_hand_man:
BTW, really nice progress on your C-119! :+1:

Basic camouflage painting, washing, and drybrushing completed.

I still need to detail paint, ink, and shade and highlight some areas in addition to completing some groundwork.

This is Masterbox’s 1/24 “Strange Company’s Tiberious “Ty” Constellation Hackington III.”

4 Likes

Looks impressive… :cold_sweat: :+1:
…I’m taking cover :man_construction_worker:

Looking good, Peter! Nice job on the camouflage.

1 Like

Hi mates, here is my other entry for this campaign, couldn’t withstand when I checked the content of the beautifully printed box…
So I’m glueing and painting again for Ukraine.

The fit is reasonable so far and it has not so many parts, I think I will enjoy this build. I intend to fit two HARMs, too, as the clever Ukrainians obviously found a way to wire their MiGs for it… :+1:
Cheers
Peter :raising_hand_man:

4 Likes

Slightly ahead of you, Peter :smile::smile:

This one is ready for base coat and more sanding.

4 Likes

Looking great, Jesper! I woud have recommended to leave off the small antennas etc. until the decals are on. I will probably do the fin decals before glueing the fins on. I did it with my SU-24 Fencer and it worked out well and was easier to deal with the bigger than usual decals.

Good luck and I’m taking a seat :smiley: :raising_hand_man:

5 Likes

Looks awesome, Peter! Beautiful decaling - what scale is this 1/72?

Thank you, Jesper!
It’s 1/72 scale. I was away over the weekend, visited E-Day near Prague and bought too many kits :joy:

1 Like

i’m reporting this blatant heresy to the mods…

3 Likes

May I claim “not guilty” if I post the photos of the kits on “What the Postman brought today” ??.. :sweat_smile:

1 Like