Made in Ukraine

Decalling underway - so far so good :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

The camo decals are on. Very thin and very strong. I have not used any decal setting agent yet. Does anybody know what setting solution works best?

More to follow :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

Tried Humbrol parts 1 and 2 but was not satisfied. Went to MicroSol and MicroSet and never looked back.

If you still have the decal sheet, use some spares to test your potion of choice and see if it works without a bad reaction. Just remember not to add too many coats at once and don’t play with it until it has dried and set…

2 Likes

Same here. I have MicroSol and MicroSet that date back decades and these solutions don’t go bad. They’re the only decal solutions that I use and clean up with water.

2 Likes

Another upvote for Micro Sol/Set. And if decals are extra-stubborn I have a reserve bottle of Solvaset…

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I actually also have microsol/set somewhere in my stash. I will try those out.

1 Like

I can second other replies - in my case I use MicroSol & Set, sometimes supported by Mr Mark Setter/Softer Neo, but setter tends to leave some marks on surface.

2 Likes

Decals looking great, Jesper! Now I’m looking forward to do mine…after I read your opinion about them.
You did a fine paint job, too!
Cheers
Peter :+1:

1 Like

Got a little further, too…

some dry-fitting test

Next stop: Decals.

5 Likes

Oh! Nice to see someone else use Faller expert. I love that stuff. I mostly use it on bits where slow setting is fine, or perhaps preferred, such as two halves of a fuselage or upper and lower wings. Tell me how you use it, please?

1 Like

Hi Phil, I use it just like you, in places where is need for a little more glue and good contact surfaces. For parts like bomb and droptank halves I prefer Tamiya’s liquid and thin stuff. But is was pure incidently that I bought it, because nothing else was available. I think Revell or UHUplast is still the same formula (simply must weld the plastic together…)
Peter :raising_hand_man:

Not familiar with faller, but Revells glue is super for me. :slightly_smiling_face:

Actual status…

:raising_hand_man:

4 Likes

Looking good, Peter!

Step by step… :grinning: :blue_square: :yellow_square:

6 Likes

Looking fantastic Peter.

1 Like

Yes, thanks to the decals. They were pretty good to handle, not too thick, not too thin. But for safety I cut the big one for the middle fuselage in three parts. Now I’ll deal with the small parts for the landing gear and the ordnance.
Greetings

1 Like

My hat is in the ring. Ordered ICMs Fiat CR.42 italian night fighter kit in 1:32, together with some Eduard PE (cockpit, seatbelts) and Eduard masks.

Pics to follow when the kit has arrived.

Regards

• dutik
2 Likes

Jesper, what Callsign will or did you use for your model? So we are building the same kit, at least I should use other figures… :wink:

Next come fiddly accessories and ordnance.
And later a matt finish, of course.
Cheers mates!

6 Likes