Made in Ukraine

Soooo close. 4 hood latches, 2 doors, 2 wipers, roof, and two very tiny rear lights left. I did put the provided rifles in their rack in the back seat - then tested the roof…rifles are too long and anywhere I could cut them down it’d look awkward. So, those are added to the spares-box.

Mike

6 Likes

Two doors and two wipers left. And some touch up paint. Those lights were a royal PITA, especially the tail lights. :cold_sweat:

Mike

7 Likes

Looking very nice indeed Michael.

1 Like

A little wee bit more to take care of.

Mike

7 Likes

Hi mates, I just managed to finish this ICM Fuel Bowser for my little Ukrainian Air Force, probably my last build for 2022 and just in time before the Christmas Holiday…

I wish you and your loved ones a merry Christmas and happy new year!
Peter :raising_hand_man: :santa: :snowman_with_snow:

10 Likes

My wee Staff Car is completed.

It was a nice kit indeed. Fiddly parts for sure. Should you build this one for yourselves, don’t toss the box - I needed it to locate the positioning of a couple of the parts as the instructions can be very vague.

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree:

Mike

10 Likes

I’m about to start my slightly bigger staff car.

Great builds, Mike and Peter. Congrats on finishing! :+1:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

That will have to be a quick build then… Only 11 days left!

Great build, nice smart colour. I like it!
Cheers
Peter :raising_hand_man:

1 Like

Boxcar is finished. The kit itself was challenging. There was no interiour, I had to fill and sand a lot and the decals are not the best ones. In retrospect I should have gone with the xamouflaged version. Due to the poor decals I had to paint a lot of the red and white stripes with a brush. I also ditched some smaller decals. Sidewindows are painted aswell. The clear parts were too small for me. I did add some lead to the nose, but apparently not enough. Soooo…I have two more planes from Roden in the stash, the 1/72 An-8 and the 1/72 C-123 and I will definitelly use these lessons learned !

11 Likes

Despite the tribulations Jacob, it came out great. Very nicely done.

I really like it, too. Well done!

Nice paint scheme. :+1: :+1:

I have an update, but no pics! I don’t know what happened to my camera…

But it has been a bit fiddly, but I have the hood on and it’s on pretty well! I was stressing over it, but I only need a little filler on the hood and I think it will come out fine. So I’m optimistic I can finish by the end of the year!

I have to say, the fit of the parts is really just perfect, but getting them all to line up correctly has been a challenge. Like the Miniart T-55 I want to do this one again. I bought two fearing Miniart kits might be hard to come by when the war started this year, so maybe I will!

2 Likes

Now I’m looking at the headlights on my Gaz and wondering how to do them. I think I’m going to have to build something for them to rest on while the glue sets up. I wonder if I can get away with reinforcing the joins with two part epoxy once they are attached…

Found the camera. I think the jalopy is going to be done. It is very jalopy-ish.

That horn on the rail seems to want to droop…

The bed is done and weathered. The tires are done, I need to weather them. The headlights are painted, but I despair of how I’m going to get them attached, and the rear view mirror is painted. It will also be tricky to attach.

I need to do the PE windshield wiper. That’s an early morning job before I have any coffee definitely.

3 Likes

To hold parts up, use a toothpick and Blu-tac. Press the Blu-tac onto the fenders and push the toothpick in as far as you need it to go to hold up a part. You can squeeze the Blu-tac to raise the toothpick to the exact height.

For things like lights, you can shape the Blu-tac to fit under the head light opening to help hold it and add the lens or cover later.

1 Like

Oh, that is brilliant! I have always pause with using blu-tac because it’s stronger than the glue and the attachment, but to build a brace for the part using it should be fine. That’s a great tip! Don’t we have a great tips thread around here somewhere? It belongs there!

1 Like

I know @ayovtshev has a folder of his own that he saves tips in, but I am not aware of a hot tips thread itself.