Magic Factory 3 in 1 Bradley | Armorama™

Magic Factory announces a new 1/35 scale 3-in-1 kit which includes parts for either an M2A3 Bradley IFV, M2A4 Bradley IFV, or an M-SHORAD Bradley Short Range Air Defense Vehicle.

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/news/magic-factory-3-in-1-bradley
5 Likes

That looks pretty nice. Not heard of them before though. Are their kits any good ?

2 Likes

They are a new company, first kit was the Iron Dome:

And have announced an F4U Corsair to be released soon:

3 Likes

I will definitely be getting one of these. From what I’ve seen, heard, and read, Magic Factory kits are pretty damn good. Here’s a blog on the Iron Dome kit on Track-Link TRACK-LINK / Forums / Track-Link Build Logs / Air Defense System Iron Dome by Magic Factory
Magic Factory’s accuracy is high so far. This Bradley kit really appeals.

1 Like

Just read through the link. They do look nice and well detailed, well, the Iron Dome once does …
This could be the one I get as the AD version looks like a good one to do. I was considering getting the Kinetic A3…

1 Like

Awesome announcement. This looks great. Can’t wait to get one. Too bad no interior, but the Meng interior should fit in it.

1 Like

Yeah, I think I’m gonna have to have one…or two… :grin:

:beer: :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Not on the ‘must have’ to add to the stash that will never get built…but sure looks like a well-engineered kit!

1 Like
1 Like

One point to note. The Bradley M-SHORAD has not been accepted by the US Army. It is only a test/experimental platform being offered by BAE. So far, the accepted M-SHORAD system is the Stryker M-SHORAD vehicle. It uses most of the same equipment as the Bradley system, but is not exactly the same.

4 Likes

The Bradley M-SHORAD kit is really groundbreaking. I am surprised that it was released so soon due to the lack of references and exposure at AUSA Expo.

With the Magic Factory’s 1/35 Bradley M-SHORAD, an AFV modeler can salvage the parts for pickups, MRZR dune buggies, JLTV C-UAS, and other “What If?” scenario Air Defense units. You can place the AUDS mast on shipping containers, HEMTTS, MTVR, FMTVs, ATV, trailer, tripod, buildings, and what have you for future hypothetical Air Defense or ATGM units.

For example, Magic Factory’s Bradley M-SHORAD has these awesome precious 1/35 Air Defense parts:

4 Likes

Hmmm. I was working on pMHR radar CAD for fun (maybe a bit sadistic) but I guess I can stop now. :smiley:

3 Likes

Keep on going…

1 Like

And for the twin Hellfire launcher option…can be used for all sorts of fictitious settings. The same goes for the Stinger 4-shot launcher box.

2 Likes

Does no one model the Stryker SHORAD version? That seems like the kit to get.

1 Like

No, not yet.

1 Like

There are related kits in the pipeline that will make you drool. And you know when I say it;s coming, it’s coming. Took a haiatus from doing a lot of kit research for a few years, but now I’m back at it.

I wonder about the accuracy of the mount for the Stinger launch box. Did the Army change the already existing design? It sure doesn’t match the photos I took for my Linebacker build a few years ago. But then, neither does the 3D printed version that’s available. That one is about 20% correct.

1 Like

The mount on the kit looks to be the same as on the BAE prototype. I would assume that they would go with a similar armored box and mount design if it goes into production.

1 Like

Our tax dollars at work! So the army did indeed take an existing design that worked fine and pay hundreds of thousands of dollars in R&D so that they could come up with a different mount that does exactly the same thing. Sounds about right.

3 Likes

Well, after closer examination, I think that new mount does indeed serve a different purpose. The Stinger launcher box appears to have rails that slide onto corresponding rails on the new mount, It looks to be either a quick reload system for a new box, or even a diferrent ordnance package altogether. I’b betting on the latter.

1 Like