Mannschaftstransportwagen Magirus ARW

I checked one of my reference books (Die Motorisierung der Deutschen Reichswehr 1920-1935 by Walter Spielberger) and found one more picture of the Magirus ARW (Achtrad Wagen), besides some textual information. That book also referred to a Daimler Benz ARW. I see you used at least one picture from that one above…

I know about this book. Unfortunately I can’t get it in Russia. I could buy it from Amazon and other shops but it is too expensive. So if I used photo from the book I didn’t know about it, :upside_down_face: All photos I got from internet.

Not so much from the book itself, as he didn’t take them himself ofcourse, but more from the Daimler-Benz… The Daimler Benz is the more rounded version (like the one with the 2 blokes or the one emerging from the water), while the Magirus is more square, like your kit…

1 Like

seen this one?

This is also an interesting shot. The book describes is as a cork camouflage superstructure, while on the internet is stated that this is a first trial (also Daimler-Benz: see the wheels)

1 Like

Amazing job. I can’t wait to see it painted. You are a Master of PE and scratchbuild.

1 Like

Yes,I was mainly inspired by this article. All photos from this article have a descent quality. It helped me to see some details. Benz variant looks like a sport car. Very attractive!

Never seen this photo. Very interesting. I believe that a book is best source of information. Thank you for showing this photo! Scratch is over but my interest hasn’t faded yet.

Thank you for kind words!

There are more pics in the book. If you want, I can scan them and mail them to you?