Me 323 D-6 Gigant Ready For Order | AeroScale

HPH Models has announced that they are taking orders for their 1:32 scale mixed media Messerschmitt Me 323 D-6 Gigant

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://aeroscale.net/news/me-323-d-6-gigant-ready-for-order
2 Likes

That will need a big shelf lol … looks impressive though.

1726mm wingspan - that’s 5’8", my height! Pretty mad! Does it come with the Sdkfz7 load? Or is that a 1/35th model just for effect?

I’d love one but it is definitely too big and too costly for me.

1 Like

Brilliant. Think I’ll get 3 or 4 and do a diorama of the airlift of supplies to the Afrika Korps in 1943. Does anyone know of a real airfield that might be for sale that I can use as a base ?

3 Likes

One needs too much money and too much space to want this one!

1 Like

So disappointing it’s 1:32, sidelining all 1:35 builders with ready-made cargo. But hey it’s only US$1,716 and they’re just releasing one kit per week so it’ll give me plenty of time while building the squadron to scratch-build a hangar the size of a shipping container.

2 Likes

Here you go!

Not much bigger than the kit!

3 Likes

Not a bad landing considering the size … its just crazy big though …

That was quite a bounce indeed. Somehow these models never look as lumbering as the original, do they? Missing the weight may be the cause…

They were originally designed as gliders (Me 321) , requiring a double He111 with an extra engine as towing plane…

2 Likes

Divorce in a box.

6 Likes

HPH, thank you, A for effort but 1/32??? Okay, HPH is an aircraft model company and 1/32 is the traditional large scale for wingy-thingies, but like was already mentioned, they just dismissed the primary military modeling scale 1/35. With the large selection of 1/48 aircraft and military subjects, why not 1/48??? No offense to my 1/32 aircraft brethren, but I really hope that there’s a tidal wave of new aircraft kits coming out in 1/35th.

1 Like