Meng MkV Male with interior. Then and Now

Meng MkV Male with full interior. Half as it might have been in 1918 and half as it might look in a modern day museum. Also with bonus 3d printed diorama or the diorama.

24 Likes

Amazingly original presentation. I’m blown away by the diorama within the diorama!

1 Like

This is one of my favourite dioramas I’ve seen. As above, I love the diorama in the diorama.

1 Like

Great concept and presentation! Vehicle and figures are superb!
Cheers,

1 Like

Beautiful idea that is expertly modelled- I really enjoyed seeing this. The contrast in the two sides is very finely observed with the dirt, grime, rust, mud, dings and dents really bringing the WW1 side to life. The figures are nicely posed too and also give a great idea of the scale of the tank. Great color and variety in the groundwork on that side too.

The opposite museum display side is lovingly crafted with the cut-out panels showing the detailed interior and having the side gun set away from the tank allows that interior detail to shine in particular on that part. The placard explaining the display is a great touch and perhaps the neatest detail of all is the tiny 3d print showing the WW1 dio itself. Congrats on this incredibly fine work.

2 Likes

This is a unique and original idea, carefully crafted and expertly executed. It shines in so many ways. The grittiness of the battlefield side contrasted with the showroom quality of the museum side is brilliant. The details throughout are superb. The little diorama is an excellent focal point.

1 Like

Fantastic originality… The Dio within a Dio is genius and you have duplicated it brilliantly. Great idea, great build, great finish … Beautiful piece of craftsmanship :+1::+1:

1 Like

Wow, great concept and execution!

1 Like

I really (really!) like the composition here, and the work is excellent, too!

Thanks for sharing! I might have to borrow from this idea in the future!

1 Like

Very impressive and powerful! Well done :heart_eyes:

1 Like

The interior is 50/50 too weathered differently was a bit of a task trying to remember what was what.

1 Like

On the modern side you could have a grandfather pointing out something to the grandson.

1 Like

I did intend to do that bjt finding figures even to 3d print was an issue.

A novel idea and very well executed. Bravo!

1 Like

Have you looked at Reedoak? He has just what you may be looking for.

That in the US? Ill have a look but shipping is crazy atm

They are in France. I don’t find the shipping too bad as they are very light and small.

1 Like

I shall look thanks

This is fantastic. a truly inspirational dio . The execution of both scenes is nothing less than amazing

1 Like

Dioramaception! It looks amazing. You’ve executed the concept wonderfully. True art!

1 Like