Mercedes AMG GT3 decal sets | AutoModeler

Mercedes AMG GT3 sponsored by Apex Protect - IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship 2018

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://automodeler.com/news/mercedes-amg-gt3-decal-sets

Ok I know there other scales than 1/24 - 25 in auto modelling but I’ve never come across 1/27, even slot cars are generally 1/43.
I’m sure there must be a kit out there but a search on Scalemates shows decals but no car kits!?

Yeah its a weird scale, no kits in 1/27th as far as I know. Perhaps they are for diecast?
Andy :slight_smile:

Welly diecast show their cars to be “1/24-1/27 scale”

Manufacturing tolerances? :thinking:

http://www.wellydiecast.com/product.php?cid=1&sid=2

Finally, a IMSA/USA sponsored Merc AMG GT3 decal sheet. I do get tired of the endless decals sheets for GT3 cars literally from every series from Asia to England, to Europe, and who knows where else, but almost no USA cars.

Now I finally have a reason to buy the excellent Tamiya kit.

joel

Trouble is Joel, these decals are 1/27th.

Andy,
Just my luck. But on the other hand I’ve just put together an order for Gravity paints from Spain, and they actually have some custom Merc AMG 1/24 decals for the Tamiya kit, and two are from the IMSA USA series!! So my fingers all by themselves I might add ordered one sheet. But I won’t tell till I actually do start that build.

joel

Hi Joel,
Well at least you found some.
Found these, they look pretty nice.
Mercedes-AMG GT3 Linkin Park Decals

Andy,
Nice decals, but they look like they were for a car in either the British or European GT3 series. I’m trying to get some USA cars in my collection these days.

Joel

Just looked the scheme up and yes it raced in Europe at the Spa-Francorchamps at the Blankpain GT Series race.
That’s a shame, such a nice scheme.
Now shall I get a Merc AMG from !!!

Andy,
My other hobby while I’m able to do it, is sim auto racing. I really don’t race much online but rather against the AI cranked way up. Anyway, the sim I’ve been dedicated to since it came out is Assetto Corsa Competizione, which is the licensed sim for the Blancpain GT Series: European, British, USA, & Asian. So far we’ve only got the European series (races on Silverstone & Brands Hatch too) 2018, 19, & 20, both the GT3 and GT4 cars. That’s how I recognize so many of these paint schemes.

As for whose Merc AMG to get, Tamiya’s but they have both cars which are slightly different.

Joel

Yep Tamiya all the way for a racing AMG GT3 although I do also have a couple of Tamiya CLK GTR and Fujimi SLS AMG GT3, so a collection of Mercs, oh and several AM decal sheets :slight_smile:

Did have one GTR finished until a club member at a show decided to move the rotary plinth it was on to make room for something else and it rolled off hitting the floor with bits going everywhere. Lesson here, glue the wheels so they can’t rotate or never take your eyes off your kits even with other club members around.

These are the AM decal schemes I have.

Yep its going to be the Tamiya kit, and I have got too do the Linkin Park scheme.
Chrome body work, what’s not to love :joy:.

Update Just bought one lol.

1 Like

I wonder if the 1/27 is a typo. Print Lab is related to (owned by?) Spot Model in Spain. Spot Model also lists them as 1/27 but if you are interested in the decals, I’d contact Spot Model and ask. Bet they could print them in any scale you wanted.

Mike

Andy,
I just got my decals for the haribo Merc AMG 2016 GT3 car, Naturally, all my usual online retailers are out of the Tamiya 2016 kit but have the 2018 kit, which I can’t use for this build. No rush as I’ve got the Porsche 911 GT1 on my bench and then the IMSA/GTO Rosch It’s Miller Time car for the next GB. By then I’m sure that they’ll be a restock.
Joel

Nice one Joel.
I’m sure you will get the kit sooner or later.

Andy,
Me too. I’m just dying to tryout a Matt finish and those decals.
Joel