Message to Tamiya Corp

To the Tamiya market analyst who sees this topic:

I humbly request that Tamiya produce a 1/24 Yaris GR. I will personally walk to Japan to buy 10.

1 Like

Dennis,
I only wish it was that easy to get Tamiya to mold some new cars, especially ones that we really want. But these days the company is totally controlled by the Bean Counters and Suits, not the model guys. I looked at the list of new and re released models for 2022, and outside of one new tank, a new version of the P38, a reissue of the 1/12 scale Renault F1, and two McLaren Sennas, everything else is either Gundam or 1/10 scale RC cars, as that’s where the money is these days.

joel

1 Like

I agree with @Joel_W but I would also hold out a bit of hope. The reason being that they did a kit of the Supra GR not long ago. The Yaris GR has been a great success and it looks cool as well so I would say a kit is very possible in the future.

1 Like

Tamiya has been doing some Gazoo Racing content lately, with the GR 86 rally car, GR TS050 hybrid, and the GR Supra of course. Considering that the Yaris is the definitive Toyota rally car at the moment, I’m going to hold out hope… :grin:

1 Like

Guys, I really like your reasoning. I’m with you in hoping that the Bean counters see the light, and remember that Tamiya is a Model company from the beginning, and has a very large and strong following.

joel

2 Likes

Well they did do a 1/10th RC version, so it’s not outwith the realms…

https://www.tamiya.com/english/products/58659/index.htm

2 Likes

I built that, as a matter of fact. Considering that it takes a bit of work to make the polycarbonate body, I’m sure it wouldn’t be a stretch to make one in 1/24. Take that, bean counters!

2 Likes