MIG US Paratrooper paint set. Confused.

Dear all I have a problem I have bought this set and I am confused as to which color is used where. can some one help me out please. there is a diagram on the box but it is so confusing. the colours are;
AMMO-F504 YELLOW GREEN
AMMO-F560 KHAKI GREY
AMMO-F561 GREEN VIOLET
AMMO-F562 LIGHT OCHRE
AMMO-F563 BUFF
AMMO-F564 MILITARY GREEN

I would take all of these colors as a starting point. Best off doing some research and finding photos of actual period uniforms and gear. There is no one absolute correct color for the jump jacket and pants. Web gear varied as well. I own an early WW2 unreinforced jump jacket. The color of the fabric under the epaulettes is greener than the faded exposed fabric. Helmets, boots and weapons were more predictable in color. All of the pictured M42 jackets is a vintage original. Different dye lots and varied amounts of fading/ laundering result in the varied colors. Don’t be reluctant to mix colors. Also, jacket and pant often did not match. Have fun with it!!!

khaki_main

5 Likes

That’s a perfect example of how colors for uniforms and equipment are not exact. Excellent photo there…… I’ve seen many different shades used for the early US para uniforms on figures. Pick one lol

2 Likes

First welcome aboard.

His confusion is coming from this.

I am sure I will be corrected if these are wrong but he is looking for something like this to help figure out where colors go.

These may help, not Mig colors but should get you closer with the names.

HTH

That is the exact problem, confusing diagram and so many other options. Thanks for the replies though keep them coming.

1 Like

Here is another example but with Vallejo colors.

1 Like

Don’t let kit or paint set painting guides ruin your fun. They’re often wrong. Put a small amount of each paint on a piece of scrap paper or plastic. Let your eyes compare that to reference photos of the real thing.

1 Like