Mini Art Sheep. A review

No flocking way :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

Usually someone on this site posts reference pictures or pictures of a walk around session
 haven’t seen that yet about this kit
 how do we know which version of that minesweeping flock we are building?

1 Like

Yeah, sure Robin

H.P.

5 Likes

Certainly does not qualify as ‘righteous’, but the Red Army had a rather interesting method of clearing minefields (from Eisenhower’s personal account in ‘Crusade in Europe’ following his conversation with Zhukov):

“Highly illuminating to me was his description of the Russian method of attacking through mine fields. The German mine fields, covered by defensive fire, were tactical obstacles that caused us [the western Allies] many casualties and delays. It was always a laborious business to break through them, even though our technicians invented every conceivable mechanical appliance to destroy mines safely. Marshal Zhukov gave me a matter-of-fact statement of his practice, which was, roughly, ‘There are two kinds of mines; one is the personnel mine and the other is the vehicular mine. When we come to a mine field our infantry attacks exactly as if it were not there. The losses we get from personnel mines we consider only equal to those we would have gotten from machine guns and artillery if the Germans had chosen to defend that particular area with strong bodies of troops instead of with mine fields. The attacking infantry does not set off the vehicular mines, so after they have penetrated to the far side of the field they form a bridgehead, after which the engineers come up and dig out the channels through which our vehicles can go.’”

1 Like

and possibly they didn’t send in the best and most valuable units either 

1 Like

Quite so, I can’t now recall which book(s) mention the Red Army penal companies (of captured deserters, malingerers & politically suspect soldiers) sent forward to clear a path through minefields the hard way. Typically the deal was that if they got through they’d be returned to normal duties, or If they refused the firing squad awaited. However it’s not clear how many C.O.s reneged on the deal on the far side :skull:

1 Like

Even today, sheeps act as mobile traffic obstacles.

Sigh! I wish that Trumpeter will release an LTAS cab FMTV truck!

1 Like

I used to travel on a country road that ran through unfenced upland rough pasture. It was narrow, winding and undulating with poor sight lines. The problem was the sheep liked to sleep on the sun-warmed asphalt surface

Cheers,

M

2 Likes

Shut off the engine, roll silently until you are a yard or two from the sleeping sheep and then let it have a couple of blasts of from the car horn.
I wonder if there are car horns that can sound like a howling wolf 

there is :grin: :smiling_imp:

this one is better:
https://www.collegecarhorns.com/product/wolf-howling-sounds-musical-car-horn/

3 Likes

Robin do you know how dumb sheep are? Except for Shaun that is.

Here in Australia we have what they call the long paddock. (TSR Transit Stock Route). The TSR can be used as a long paddock along the road. Often use during droughts to access the feed along the roadsides. You could come across a sign saying sheep, or cattle, ahead next 50k. So slow down. Remember cattle and sheep are not that bright and will always want to be on the other side of the road. Yeah and if you hit one you are the one who is liable. To add to the weathering they leave deposits on the road which weather the side of your car nicely.

3 Likes

11 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPDu4q4rfeI

1 Like

In Sweden there is a joke about cows and teenagers.
What is the difference between a cow chewing cud and a teenager chewing gum?
The intelligent expression in the cows eyes 

4 Likes

2 Likes

I guess this one should deserve a prize

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-Wc8vluyp0

H.P.

4 Likes

I was awoken in the middle of the night by a noise at my garbage cans (which were empty). I went down to find a raccoon inside one and unable to figure his way out. Nearby, one of his buddies looked at me waiting for me to help out. I tipped it over and they left. I reset the can. About a half hour later I heard the noise again. I looked in the garbage can and there he was again. I said to him
 “How f*&king stupid can you be?” Then I let him out again but left the can on its side.

5 Likes

You know without getting controversial are many humans like sheep when it comes to Covid-19?

So should we not degenerate sheep until we get our own house in order?

Food for thought. Hmmm lamb chops!

3 Likes

Not going there.

Raccoon Toons - Light My Fire

Another not too smart raccoon.

1 Like

We need to petition Mini art for a trash panda kit. They already do rubbish bins.

2 Likes