Miniart 1/35 LAP-7 Soviet Rocket Launcher

Ok, so Christmas PRessie time - son had a list of kits I liked and, in his wisdom, chose this one… Started the build and it is up to Miniarts small part, complex, fun quality. Engine went together nicely, chassis made up of a number of parts but seems to be aligned nicely… Each wheel is made up of 8 parts (7 parts of tyre and a wheel hub) and there are 7 of them to do so that will take a while… Going with the box scheme of 4BO and brown. Need to work out which components can be painted when and if I will display the engine or not…

engine just rested in - doesn’t seem to be a big unit

3 Likes

Looking good so far. I built this kit when it first came out, and as I recall there were no issues with the kit parts or fit, so it should be smooth sailing.

1 Like

More work on the chassis… just some smaller parts to add (like 3mm by .5mm rod!!!) then it can be primed - chassis was all black which makes life easier. Next off will be the 7 wheels (done one)…

progress… wheels done, chassis done, now on to cab sub assemblies… a lot of this needs to be painted black so aiming to get all that built up first…

1 Like

Looks good. I have to wheel set for part of the Miniart campaign. Looked easy, did you have any trouble with them?

not really… parts fit well and look the part…

1 Like

cab assembly “done” (need to add glass, upper part of windshield, dashboard and build doors. Started on the truck bed (just to get some bigger parts done) - all sits nice & square after a bit of a battle with the front mudguards… at the moment all cab parts & truck bed are loose for ease of painting - hope to be able to start painting (well doing a black chassis) this weekend

moving forward… some fiddly bits but so far parts go where they are supposed to. Chassis painted black primer then a light coat of dunkelgrau to give it a bit of definition, green in the cab is MiG 4BO… bit of dark tracks for the rust… this is building up really nicely I must say - may have to look at some of the other AA/AAA kits (some of the anti-air or the refueler for example)

2 Likes

moving on a-pace with this.Cab on, half the bonnet on, elevating mechanism on, started on the 6 rockets and crates… I think a couple of weeks and this will be done & dusted…

2 Likes

I am liking how the build is progressing, keep it up.

Looking great here’s how mine turned out.

2 Likes

cheers Arty - Thats the TRACK-LINK build I believe… following that to pick up tips & tricks - great guide so thank you

yes it is. You’re welcome glad it was helpful.

1 Like

build 90% complete, just need to add the lights on the front and rear and then the wiper unit to the windshield frame… priming at the weekend I hope

2 Likes

I bought that same kit the otherday, and looking at your build tells me it’s a great kit
gary

1 Like

there are some thin fragile parts but it builds well - just take your time… I can recommend Arty’s build we discussed a couple of post ago - he highlighted a few issues/ build logic choices… URL is

1 Like

primered… 4BO tomorrow, waiting on 6K brown to arrive so that is likely to be next week

1 Like

camo done… not a huge variation green/brown BUT mt first freehand that has been semi-successful… you never know I may get this airburshing lark in to some semblance of good (brown was thinned with Galeria gloss which worked quite well)

1 Like

wheels on (3 touch the floor), rockets and crates on… need to add front windscreen, attach bonnet open and then do a touch of dusting and a matt coat…

4 Likes