Miniart 35245 US Soldiers (RAINWEAR)

Did these actually get released or have they gone the way of the lesser spotted unicorn…? Really like the poses and have a raft of ideas I’d love to try.

I haven’t seen them yet. The boxart looks good though. With different weapons and maybe some new boots and helmets, they will represent almost any era, WWII - Modern, US soldiers (esp. the guys in ponchos). I know I will get a few sets.

3 Likes

Cheers Gino, I’d seen it in a couple of their catalogues and thought maybe I’d missed them as a short run, but when I checked their webpage and it shows zilch… So hopefully maybe this year… Gonna have a couple whenever.

One of my regular online vendors had them available on Pre-order, so I’m hoping they know something us mere mortals don’t. :thinking:

These are now available. I just ordered a couple sets directly from Miniart in Ukraine via eBay.

Just arrived in stores in the UK. Think I’m going to get a set.

Well, at least 3 out of the 5 - ie those wearing ponchos - lend themselves to some pretty useful conversions which should also be relatively simple to effect: modify the boots, replace the weaponry (M14s or M16s); job done for 60s/70s USAREUR. Just right for those German dank, dark forests where it always began to rain just as you began to strip out the cam and prepare for a move - normally around 3 in the morning(!)

Yeee Ha… mine are en-route gonna be swapping out some of the heads for Hornet replacements and some of the shooty sticks and its flashback time!

If It ain’t raining, it ain’t training… :laughing:

1 Like

That’s for damn sure.

I’m sure that all the vets here can appreciate this…

7 Likes

Harsh - but fair!

Lol! As someone who served in both the Army and Air Force I can attest that cartoon Stik !

1 Like

Yeah, I personally like the aviator… that one cracks me up every time.

Just received my order- standard MiniArt fare- nice breakdown that should keep seams to a minimum.
As a “bonus” it comes with not 1, not 2 …but 5 additional sprues of kit, helmets, packs, bayonets etc., and weapons - from their US army weapons set - M1 Garand, M1 carbine ( both full and skeleton stock), Thomspon SMGs (inc a M1928 Chicago streetsweeper) Grease guns (inc silenced version) and a nice BAR .
Gonna have fun with this for sure. I will attempts some pics later.
EDIT - just saw the chat on the NEWS page re this and the options for PA type builds- good job I got two sets to start with :love_you_gesture: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:.

Correction.
Its 3 x plain jane M3
1 xM3 with conical flash hider
1 xM3 with silencer

1 Like

Yes, one must learn to embrace the suck. I never packed rain gear in the ALICE - takes up too much space needed for mission essential stuff. Travel light, freeze at night. Well, if you consider 85 pounds and up to be light…

3 Likes

Light Infantry, isn’t… :laughing:

Embrace the suck indeed… :thinking:

I really must get some of these; the M14 rifles - reviewed elsewhere - are just crying out to be used with these (with a few footwear mods of course). Thank you Miniart!

I’ll bet during the M-14 period, there was likely some crusty old sarge who still had a pair of the buckle boots dyed black.

Personally I’m loving these guys for Korean War settings. All the poncho guys are perfect for that. Don’t know if the raincoats were still around then…

I’m hoping to do justice somewhere along the line depicting troops and an as yet unidentified equipment in USAREUR; I find the Tankograd booklets hugely helpful for ideas. Something in a German rain-soaked forest or meadow should work, and will also give me an opportunity to experiment with rain effects.