MiniArt 38085 Modern Cafe Visitors Set 1 | Armorama™

New MiniArt kit is coming soon, 1:35 scale #38085 Modern Cafe Visitors Set 1

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/news/miniart-38085-modern-cafe-visitors-set-1
3 Likes

Will it include Starbucks decals for the cups ?
Glad to see authentic details like the young lady lost in her phone , probably continuing the text conversation she was having while driving.

8 Likes

You must go to a posh Starbucks if you get table service from a traditionally dressed waiter :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

The lad looks like Dean Winchester (from Supernatural - don’t judge :joy: ) in a Canadian tuxedo.

The young lady is obviously the spy.

3 Likes

Same waiter figure in their French Civilians in Cafe 1930-40’s set.

2 Likes

Dude is like…
“She just cannot get off that damn cellphone. This is sooo over.” :thinking::thought_balloon:
“Hmmm, let’s see what else is walkin’ down the street.”… :dancer:

—mike :grin:

3 Likes

Indeed - and I’ve never seen one dressed like that at a Starbucks :joy:

2 Likes

Put an Eiweißschock on the dude’s table. Put a Döner Kebab in the chick’s hand - you’d have the beginnings of a Berlin Ku’Damm cafe diorama. Get a few biker figures…
Problem is, you can’t really eat an Eiweißschock or a Döner Kebab slouched like that - way too messy.

1 Like

What is an Eiweißschock? Never heard or ate one? And for a Döner you usually need both hands.

1 Like

it is literally a protein shock, made from quark, honey, nuts, fruit, raisins. Each one differed slightly depending where you got it. I’m sure it couldn’t have been just a Berlin thing - but maybe it was. I ate one every day after a workout, and at least one if not two Döners per day as well. Both are messy as hell.
Rotate the Tussi’s right hand, put a Döner in it - maybe bend the elbows a little more. The smile is genuine enough if you’ve gone to the right Imbiß.

1 Like

Like a fluid Müsli? Here in Bavaria, we prefer Weisswurst mit Brezen.

1 Like

Will it include a fat chick with blue hair and black lipstick, yelling at the barista for using the wrong pronoun?

4 Likes

I forgot - that’s one of the ingredients.

As I recall, Gabi did have blue hair and black lipstick, but there was nothing fat about her…

1 Like

Nope. She is the demon that Dean is stalking.

2 Likes

Coffee FIrst Supernatural GIF - CoffeeFIrst Supernatural JensenAckles - Discover & Share GIFs

Hold up, let me finish my cuppa first, then we can talk about demon-stalking and stuff.

4 Likes

How did I miss that? Well played.

What / who does that make the waiter?

1 Like

Hard to say. He could be just a background figure
but he could also be a warlock who has summoned
the demon, he might also be the demons next prey …

1 Like

I quite like the idea of modern civilians in sets like this- certainly opens up some interesting possibilities. One thing we need alongside this is a decent range of Hornet female heads!

2 Likes

Hey MiniArt!

You have to make a 1/35 1967 Impala now.

And why not, while you are at it, a few “modern” day cars… diorama friendly and all that.

1 Like