MiniArt Cheese Delivery Car Liefer Pritschenwagen Typ 170V | Armorama™

New MiniArt kit is coming soon, 1/35 #38046 Cheese Delivery Car Liefer Pritschenwagen Typ 170V

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/news/miniart-cheese-delivery-car-liefer-pritschenwagen-typ-170v

According to the website from Mercedes, https://mercedes-benz-publicarchive.com/marsClassic/en/instance/ko.xhtml?oid=5198&relId=1001&resultInfoTypeId=172. this vehicle went into production in 1946 so don’t put it in a WW2 diorama.

3 Likes

There are some photos of “homemade” pickup conversions during the war but this is definitely the post-war production model.

1 Like

Well, still useful perhaps for, say, the 1956 uprising in East Germany, as a backdrop vehicle, or for any number of early German-based Cold War scenarios.

1 Like

or just a cool pick up to have in 1/35. I look forward to it.

2 Likes

Do they really make cheese wheels that big?

Don’t know about the biggest one but I have seen the other ones in Europe, not in the US that I recall.

1 Like

and who buys cheese which has been carted around in the back of an open pickup?

Edit: Did some Google-Fu and found a 100 kg ( 220 pounds) cheese wheel

“Officer, how did he die? The big cheese came tumbling off the shelf and crushed him, Sir!”

This one is “only” 28 kg (61.7 pounds)

People get hurt with this cheese and the hill.

2 Likes

" “twenty young men chasing a cheese off a cliff and tumbling 200 yards to the bottom, where they are scraped up by paramedics and packed off to hospital”.[22]"

:rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Looks Gouda.

3 Likes

Yup. Even bigger. For the inner cheese monger out there (yes, that’s an actual word; Google it).

1 Like

Carnage du fromage!
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

It will still do nicely for the “Convoy” group build. Or an Alternate History Reich '46 “technical”…
I wonder if the Cheese accessories will be released separately?

Cheers,

M

Could we get a whole convoy of pickups carrying giant cheese wheels? That’d be so awesome! (I’d invent an extra badge for that…)

1 Like

I’m afraid so…

I think you’re taking the Pritsche…
:grin:
Cheers,

M

4 Likes