Miniart LGOC Type B Lorry

Making a start on this …

This will be a OOB build . My last two efforts involved considerable scratch building so taking a break from that aspect- I may attempt some coal bags out of epoxy putty as a load .

Built up the chassis on the glass plate . Fit is very good and the plastic is much better than the D7 from years ago .

Posts may be a bit spotty as I am working on restoration of some marine half models for a client -
paying jobs get the nod .

Cheers- RT

7 Likes

I’m watching…

2 Likes

Built the London bus version of this about 3 years ago. It was a very enjoyable build. Lots of small parts but it went together well. Will be watching with interest.

cheers
Michael

1 Like

Definitely following this one RT, looking forward to updates!

Cheers, D

1 Like

So the love/hate relationship with Miniart goes
on …
I’m not bashing them - on the contrary they are incredibly detailed and go together well considering the high number of delicate parts.
But I have come to the conclusion that you need to be in the right mood - at least for certain phases.
If the mojo is low come back to it another time , which is what I am doing.

Chassis, engine, gearbox and radiator mostly
done . What you see here is just shy of one hundred pieces. The radiator alone is twelve pieces in plastic and four in photo etch.
Still trying to map out the painting sequence.
More to come …
RT

6 Likes

Some more progress…

Engine , gearbox and radiator built and painted-
Chassis shot with two coats red brown , Dullcoat and hairspray for chipping.

Chassis shot in NATO Black and highlights in IJN Gray.
Cab and bed built and primed.
Wheels built, primed and tires done in IJN gray/ brown mix .

4 Likes

Lookin’ good, Richard!

1 Like

@RDT1953 :smile: :sweat: Yes! the challenge of Miniart kits - I recently built one of their 1.5 ton 4x4 trucks. I’m glad to report that it all went together as intended, but, man, no coffee for me anywhere near the assembly! Yours is looking great!
Cheers
Nick

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words gents !
Chassis largely done - hand crank yet to install and engine wiring if I’m up to it. The kit includes tiny photo etch spark plug caps that need to be rolled into shape - we’ll see.

Cab and bed parts have been painted in a sooty grey as an under color for wood tone ,then a coat of Dullcoat , hairspray and then yellow.

Thanks for looking! RT

3 Likes

Nice job

1 Like