MiniArt Polish T55A

Just finished this today. Replaced the kit tracks and barrel with AM. First time using 3D printed tracks. Easy to assemble and went together rather quickly.

Very heavily weathered (for me) and put on a base to put it in context. Don’t usually do bases of this sort, usually just stained or painted. Tried to replicate some muddy ground with some lingering wet snow. Except for the grass patches there the base is glossy as is the running gear and lower hull. First few photos are an overview then some close ups to show detail. Pictures not the greatest. Finally got rid of my flip phone and am learning how to use the camera.

Constructive criticism welcomed.

Thanks for looking.

21 Likes

Overall the build is very nice. The right side track looks like a funny v and not a more flat u shape.

Are you bringing this to Richmond?

4 Likes

Thanks, Track should be an easy fix. Yep bringing it to Richmond.

4 Likes

Look forward to seeing it up close in person.

Also looks like a seam line on the track on top of the right front fender but not sure if that is meant to be there.

2 Likes

The paint job and weathering of the tank are first rate- quite an eye catching scheme with nicely observed scratches and dirt. Two things I would suggest, more for future consideration than to change anything on this build, is to consider the use of grass matts and/or grass tufts- I think these would look better on your base- the mud is good and you’ve got bits of grass in it which is nice but I think some more tufts or bits of a grass matt incorporated would look better than the green flocking type stuff. The other thing is that if it was as muddy as it looks on the tracks there would probably be more mud up the front, back and sides with perhaps some mud/dirt where the crew would be walking on the hull and turret. Again, just some food for thought.

3 Likes

Thanks. I was thinking of adding mud to the engine deck and front glacis as well as some on the turret. Just haven’t decided how much.

5 Likes

Hats off to you for building a miniart kit.

4 Likes

Beautiful.

2 Likes

Less is always more. :+1:

2 Likes

I have a love hate relationship with them. Too many small fiddily and fragile parts. Over engineered as well. But there’s no denying they look good when finished.

3 Likes

Have you tried RFMs T55? Great kits with no soft plastic, etc.

1 Like

It’s on my to get list.

3 Likes

DV, very eye catching paintin, looks excellent! Serious Kudos on doing a MiniArt T-55, very formidable build and yours is very sweet.

3 Likes

Outstanding build DV, and the paint looks fantastic. Nice subtle weathering. Great mud and the base puts it all in context.

2 Likes

Vary nice model; always good to see some Warsaw Pact stuff. Lovely finish.

Antenna perhaps - unless you’re pushed for space storage/display-wise?

1 Like

Yep. Low shelving.

1 Like

I think I’ve discussed this before; sorry, I must sound like a broken record!

Anyway, still a cracking model.

1 Like

Had a good weekend at Richmond. First place for post 1945 armor with the T55 and the HIMARS in wheeled vehicles, and a second for the Canadian Leopard in OOB. Also scored the Meng IDF 6B and the Gal Batash for only $40.00 each.

4 Likes

Congrats. I planned to attend but came down with the crud.

1 Like

Outstanding results! Congratulations :confetti_ball:

1 Like