MiniArt Tempo E400 Hochlader Pritsche 3-Wheel Truck | Armorama™

Miniart will be releasing a closed body (van) variant as well.
One of them with markings för OrPo, Ordnungspolizei, i.e. the uniformed police …

Check how the artist has included a reflected “skyline” on the gloss black paint.
Skyline of a bombed out city …
The cheeky bugger :rofl:

What’s next ? A Woody ?

H.P.

Interesting! Maybe they wanted to show how the van body was constructed?
Sheet metal over a wooden frame was a common construction method at that time
Check the initials on that registration plate …

To say the truth, the one I’ve posted above is a postwar Tempo Hanseat, not a A400, but it’s a genuine German “woody” (for North Sea surfers ?). Here’s another one :

More here : https://www.ndr.de/geschichte/tempowerk104_backId-tempowerk100.html#content

H.P.

Cool! Scratch build challenge :grin:

A400 model 1944
Compare the gills with Hanseat posted above by Frenchy.

The Miniart kit shows another variant of gills, three horizontal
and their new kit (van body) has another style with a series of near vertical slits

There is a company called Owners Club ( and it may be under different brand names ) that makes a few 1/32nd there wheel vehicles like the 57 Daihatsu Midget.
and the 58 version.
I see them on E-bay and I have the 57 version. Its nice for an accessory in a diorama. Not as nicely detailed as Mini Art. they also do a 55 Daihatsu CM10T. I am sure there are others.

And Revell does a 1/16 BMW ISETTA 250.

There is also a 1:35 version available - or at least there used to be - from Plus Models; see this build here:

Panzerserra Bunker- Military Scale Models in 1/35 scale: Tempo Vidal G1200 4x4 light scout car - case report

His article style is not everyone’s cup of tea but he’s a competent enough modeller and he churns out some pretty good stuff. There’s quite a bit of background info too.

The PlusModel has been hiding in my stash since end of March 1999
:innocent: :wink:

Hope I’m not out of line injecting this in this thread-
Accurate Armour makes this Thompson VC three wheel aircraft fueler in 1/48 . Here is my build of it -

2 Likes

Of course Robin - I should have known!

1 Like