Misao Hiro, founder of Model Factory Hiro has passed away

Model Factory Hiro have this sad news on their website

It is with great sadness and heavy hearts that we are to inform that our founder and president of Model Factory Hiro, Misao Hiro, has passed away on Tuesday, June 20th, 2023 due to illness. He was at the age of 63.

We would like to express our deepest gratitude to all of our business partners, distributors, and customers around the world who have purchased our products, and we would like to express our deepest appreciation for your kindness and support during his lifetime.

A viewing and funeral was held with immediate relatives.

Future plans regarding the company including the appointment of a successor representative will be made in a separate statement in the future.

Mr. Hiro was well known for his love and passion for cars and car modeling, and sought to find new ways to add creativity to his kits. Over the years he has passed down his passions and design philosophies to our employees, and all the staff at MFH will do our utmost to carry on his passions and philosophies into our designs and products without change in the future.

We look forward to your continued support in the future.

I hope they keep going. I have built some of his kits and they have been fascinating from a challenge and a learning point of view. He created sport cars, F1 cars, rally cars and motorbikes in great detail, and while certainly not cheap they provided many hours of great building.

SayĹŤnara Hiro-san and thanks for your contribution to our hobby, it was epic!

Michael

4 Likes

Sad news indeed - my condolences to his family and loved ones . I do hope they continue on .
It will be interesting to see what future releases may be as I am under the strong impression that Mr Hiro called the shots as far as choosing what to release .
I am still hoping for an Aston Martin Ulster or Lagonda from that era .
Thanks Michael for posting this.

1 Like

Such sad news, a visionary in the auto modelling field and the results are mind-blowing builds from around the world.
Sincere condolences to family and friends, and I hope the MFH company continues to build on its history and its strengths.

Cheers, D

1 Like

What sad and shocking news of the passing of one of the great leaders and minds in our hobby of model car building. Even sadder that he passed at such an early age:63.
The modeling community will certainly miss him. Hopefully MFH will continue as does Tamiya being past down from one generation to the next.
My sincerest condolences to his family and to Model Factory Hiro and it’s employees.
joel

2 Likes

This is a Huge loss to the car modeling culture ~ we are fortunate that his Daughter Kyoko has picked up the ball and is running the show just as her father did.

1 Like