I am wondering if anyone had some experience with using masking liquids, like Humbrol Maskol, on Mission Models Paints as my first try was quite a disaster so to speak.
I had a surface coated with Ammo One Shot Primer and on top MMP white. I thinned the paint roughly with 20% MMP thinner. I left the model to rest for days and when I got back to put on the masking liquid I noticed that it desolved the paint underneath. So I went to see if I can wash it off with water and all the paint came off without any problem. The primer was still on, that thing is tough as nails.
This never happened to me with Vallejo or Ammo acrylics, even against water they showed a bit more resistance after 24h of curing.
Did a second run but now I used 10% thinner and added 10% MMP polyurithane to it as well. It looks a bit more tougher now, but still the paint gets softended up by the masking liquid.
Even tried the Vallejo Liquid Mask as well. That seemed a bit less agressive as the Humbrol one, but still damages the paint. But it might be the polyurithane that helped at that point.
The only way I can think of fixing is to either add more poly and see if that makes the paint more tough, or to coat the paint with varnish and then mask.