Model Building "Don't You Hate It When..."

Well; i mean tthe one for the Dragon kit.

This one.

3 Likes

Cool, a graphic change is much easier. :+1:

1 Like

“Wait, the instructions didn’t say I needed to put those parts on first…”

6 Likes

That’s like my kids sometimes when building Lego…for me then to prove them wrong :rofl:

1 Like

Building a tricycle undercarriage aircraft and getting it perfectly balanced… until you add the last part to the tail and it slowly tips over

Then remembering you could have fitted more weight into the nose but can’t anymore

7 Likes

When your waiting for that Special kit to come out. You pay a Premium for it and find out upon opening it, its just a re-box of an Old Kit with different decals.
Can anyone say Hasegawa.

9 Likes

when you start another kit because you only have a “small amount of painting” to finish the one on the paint bench.
then end up with 5 kits in various stages of painting and 3 more half built…

17 Likes

Nebrasketball Game #4- South Dakota: Tuesday, December 1- 8:00pm BTN ...

That’s me, right there… You nailed it, Colin.

7 Likes

The carpet monster eats a small photo etched part and then you spend 3 hours looking for a replacement in the 100’s of spare parts boxes you have accumulated. You find a replacement but it’s just not the same and sticks out with even your wife noticing. After a few months you find that part while looking for another one you dropped.

13 Likes

Exactly….even with superglue! Really?

1 Like

when you finish the kit and find that bit of putty that you sanded for hours isn’t is flat or smooth as you thought it was…aaaargh!

6 Likes

… when you hyperfocus on one line of a certain vehicle in both book- and kitform, like the Sd.Kfz.251, only to have your focus shift to another vehicle, like the Sherman…

5 Likes

your spare tracks break because your hand shake or you pushed too hard, I’m dealing with it sometimes with my meng T90A, and it being the 1st time I’m doing those kind of tracks doesn’t help.

your airbrush clog even tho you cleaned it well is another good one for me

6 Likes

You find that part in the carpet monster and are so elated and get up too quickly and bang the back of your head on the table…

8 Likes

…and the table jumps a bit and spill other parts onto the carpet and now you go looking for an unknown number of parts hiding in the carpet …

7 Likes

Welcome to the fora Arnold! But, hold my beer; while finishing my Trumpeter Wildcat back in 2008 I dropped it, not far, just about 2 feet. Snapped off the tail hook. Even though I consider myself a pro at finding wayward items on my shop floor, no amount of searching would turn it up. Ten years later - 2018, I find the tail hook. It survived ten years of shop cleanups and vacuuming. That was a happy day to be sure!

Jimbo

9 Likes

You’re doing sub assemblies on a Dragon kit w partial interior thinking you’re smart enough. you dry fit thinking I got this and you add that one last piece now you can’t fit the say the first 3rd of the breach back thru the opening for the mantle but you could have if you just had stopped and not gotten cocky. I’m looking at you Mr Stug IV…no matter how hard you try to finagle you cant always beat the angle of the dangle.

6 Likes

Gonna have to remember that expression,
sounds like it has a wide variety of uses :+1: :rofl:

4 Likes

Original quote was from Beavis and Butthead “…the angle of the dangle is inversely proportionate to the heat of the beat” or something like that, lol. I’ve hijacked many of time.

6 Likes

“When the throb of the knob equals the heat of the beat then the angle of dangle is constant.” Precedes Beavis and Butthead by decades if not centuries…
:grin:
Cheers,

M

6 Likes