Model show and competition in Aarhus, Denmark, on the 9th and 10th of September this year

ArosOpen is the annual model competition and gathering for model builders who meet at Strandskolen in Egaa, north of Aarhus. The event takes place on the 9th and 10th of September this year.

On Saturday (and Sunday), you have the opportunity to rent a table, so we can build models together, and several shops have stands with model kits and everything that goes with them. There will also be workshops, lectures, and more, which vary from year to year.

On Sunday, there is a competition while building activities and sales booths remain open. The competition culminates at 4:00 PM with the award ceremony.

See the program (work in progress) at https://arosopen.dk/, and mark the weekend of September 9th-10th in your calendar already.

2 Likes

Interesting!!!

1 Like

It certainly is. It is the biggest model contest in Denmark this year, but it is also so much more. It is a two day event, we meet Saturday for social events and shopping, Sunday the model building continues, while the competition begins.
To see the models in the competition: arosopen 2022 – Aros Open

Well gosh, I"d be happy to share an øl with you, but I have not been there since I visited when I was at Flyvestation Karup for a month. That was 1984. Although I visited Herning again in 1986. Rode my bike from Berlin. I’m sure it would be a good time.

Jeg kan ikke komme. :frowning:

1 Like

@18bravo You would be most welcome :slight_smile:

Looks like a good show … hope it goes well …

Thank you, the event is being made by the IPMS principle, “for modellers - by modellers” :slight_smile:

The event is now open for registration, here: Tilmelding2023 – ArosOpen