Modeling Armor of Operation "Iron Swords"

I’ve got my son-in-law and other relatives serving in Gaza since day 1 and I can’t get pics like frenchy’s been posting. Lol hell I’d get arrested by our Intel guys and booted for sure from this site for like :joy:
Keep at it guys

6 Likes

The IDF is very active on all types of social media. 90% of the photos I have shared come from official IDF accounts. It just takes time and patience to check what has been published.

Media outlets are also keen on posting photos. One thing I dislike is sites like alamy and similar that watermark photos that originally had no copyright. And that is why I never care to credit them and share their photos without links or mentions.

Frenchy has done an outstanding job, despite the fact that whenever I get a bunch of pictures to share he has already uploaded most of them.

6 Likes

Thanks for the kind words guys, but I guess you must give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar and rather thank the photographers who take these great pics…No magic involved Robin :wink:

PS : it’s the early bird that gets the worm, Nikos :wink:

H.P.

11 Likes

H.P.

5 Likes

H.P.

3 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes

I missed this first time round, Achzarit with RWS as done by Legends. Also note the sensor boxes at the corners often found fitted with the “droid” as an early APS.

2 Likes

H.P.

6 Likes

I’m hoping Hobby Fan or AFV Club will release their recon hummer versions again as I really want to make the IDF version. The Legend and CMK TOW missile conversion sets have the same configuration for the gun turret but most are $$$$$$$.

6 Likes

Interesting tracks on the M88…

3 Likes

What about these ?

H.P.

3 Likes

Looks like Magach tracks, which were Merkava Mk1 tracks.

These are standard issue, the squared ones are either flattened T142 or something else

The ones on the picture Frenchy listed are definitely Magach 6B tracks; the other ones are definitely worn out T142 tracks.

Interesting the light guards on the M109 painted black. Is that a unit ID thing or to help with lighting?

1 Like

Nikos and Reynier
Thanks for the tracks ID.

H.P.

1 Like

H.P.

6 Likes

A short video explaining the appearance of anti-magnetic hull coverings on IDF armour.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1741143185475174720

2 Likes