Modeling Armor of Operation "Iron Swords"

IDF Lahav used in Gaza, February this year,

thanks to the internet for the images, too.

6 Likes

H.P.

7 Likes

I have often wondered about modelling a convoy of tanks, something like this…

5 Likes

You can do a forced perspective diorama using your largest scale tanks up front and then progressively going to smaller scales twords the rear… it’ll take creative landscaping skills but it’s doable

4 Likes

H.P.

4 Likes

OK, love the tank with the toilet seat on the back of the turret!
Ken

1 Like

Pool noodles and a .50 cal wooden ammo crate is what we used in Iraq.

3 Likes

H.P.

4 Likes

They’re lucky. We had a fifty cal ammo can and plastic bags while on the move. And slit trenchs to do a duce when we set up. And 10 gallon jugs of Lysol… ahh the memories… And the flies :money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings:

5 Likes

H.P.

4 Likes

I live pretty close to Bovington, and I volunteer at the museum. A great place, but I’m biased!! :grin:

2 Likes

We didn’t have pool noodles when I was in.
Ken

2 Likes

Never ask someone to hand you the . 50 ammo can, some joker will hand you the one that sloshes…
20mm cans were what dreams were made of :rofl::israel:

2 Likes

H.P.

5 Likes

Remote controlled D9

5 Likes

Big boy toys… gotta love it. The not often seen RC version.
The could put 100 of them side by side and flatten whatever they wanted in no time at all. And with no wounded.

3 Likes

H.P.

6 Likes

H.P.

4 Likes

Another superb post HP. That is so asking be done as a dio. The guy in front just ads so much character to the scene.

I’ve said it before many times, but HP. thank you so much for you contributions to these threads… and all you other guys too. The time you all take is greatly appreciated.

11 Likes

You’re welcome Peter, it’s my pleasure :smile:

H.P.

5 Likes