Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis

In the US Army, we called it a “track jack”.

Strange looking turret, allow me to introduce a T-64A mine clearing vehicle, thank you Gur Khan…
vPMXleSbsQn35ZzvtYFih88OtLnRGCZY5jP7Z0WZCOzv_25RWzmwuMIUQ7h3hJyl19e09VpZs3bGZ8efHfpC0jTr
kXjTC4etR0ZhIEP3ZOdjahpvZ_0SXQLDmnHaj8FYob_aiySODXW66mloew_zAubixCFDvN9xZFibt_8YO4W09cHT
cw7w-2U4L65FkAst0zConflGkmAyRmRfIqMy7jXk-h_odEnX6c8y98-eZfkCQ7JQGHc0p9Caq7LXfurV0vc8Z9Gt
8e3YPOPlQmSHPzlsBBtCXs-OfKPQ8tK2QlzR8awN5DAe_YN7gmw033OzTIZA7hkh9oLRz-b84mBqTaD-TcorNn

A demining combat vehicle based on the T-64A tank was seen in the ranks of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the Slavyansk direction. During the conversion, the gun was dismantled from the original tank and a set of KMT roller and knife trawls was mounted. In this case, only one knife trawl is installed.At present, perhaps this machine is used as a tractor.

2 Likes

Saw this in a news topic regarding Russian Tank stuck in Ukraine Mud during this season.
Interesting to note that this tank seems like a T-72 AV (anyone can confirm) model that is rarely seen in this conflict.

4 Likes

Sure looks like a AV-

1 Like

the actual design came from Diamond Chain, and has been adopted by many people over the years. I think the Army was one of the last to use it.
gary

And thanks Kylie for the ID !

H.P.

1 Like

It’s available in various (faded) color schemes

https://ukranews.com/upload/news/2020/10/28/5ee4b6dd1d98f-screenshot-1_1200x670.png

H.P.

5 Likes

Welcome to the threads Donny & nice image :+1:

1 Like

Also interesting that a few different camera angles can totally change the backdrop view as well

2 Likes

I rather guess there are several similar signs around the town… :wink:

H.P.

3 Likes

good point. I’m guessing 1 and 3 are the same and then probably 2 and 4 …

1 Like

Looks like the one I posted the link to is a third specimen…

H.P.

2 Likes

H.P.

2 Likes

US M777’s heading to Ukraine

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FRX3TLDXsAIsqbH?format=jpg&name=medium

H.P.

5 Likes

I guess it’s an ex-Ukrainian T-64 finally destroyed by the Ukrainians… :roll_eyes:

Talking about captured equipment

H.P.

5 Likes

If it can throw bullets down range that is all that matters….

2 Likes

thanks for posting those images, are there any available of the rear of the sign to work out tbe shape and construction of the blue sections?

kind regards

Klaus

1 Like

Seems a pretty straight forward box construction which mirrors the front. Only different bit is the yellow support bar under the top segment and just under the 4 yellow squares that looks like it joins the top and bottom blue parts.

2 Likes

Going back to the images of the T90M H.P posted above … I have looked at various links about it and the T90MS and it seems like the MS is an export version. but its a bit hazy as to what the actual differences are between the 2. Are any of the differences external and what are they - or are the export versions just produced with different lower tech internal systems ?

I have the Zvezda T90MS kit, and if the differences are internal only, I can build it as one from this war ?

1 Like

I think this link may have been posted already in this topic.
T-90S was the export version, later used by Ruassian army as T-90A
and later M-odernized to T-90MS