Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis

3 Likes

That is ‘Partizan’ camo- it was introduced in the early 2000s. As you can see it is obviously heavily influenced by the old WW2 SS pattern.

Thanks Karl!

…and now we understand why certain folks are confused and think Nazi’s are running around…someone in power didn’t realize that’s a camo pattern that Russia basically copied then swapped the reds to ocher…can’t really see why anyone would use a pattern so close to that old WW2 SS pattern :thinking:

Fun fact. Serpent Island or LEUKE in greek, was considered in antiquity as the final resting place of the mighty Achilles, Hero of the Trojan War.

2 Likes

I don’t understand the use of it either- there were a great many other schemes around in the 2000s. I continue to hope that one day I will find an explanation for it.

H.P.

2 Likes

I’m guessing in UK.

https://site.ua/alexander.kovalenko/totalnoe-fiasko-rossiiskoi-bmpt-terminator-2-v-ukraine-i0zp26v

H.P.

Mastiff training

H.P.

Before

After

H.P.

2 Likes

1 Like

Interesting to see the huge variation in the Ukrainian pixel camo.

In colors: black, dark brown, sand.
And in density: some have just a few, some connected patterns of pixels.
Finally in size: really small pixels on some soft skins, to large pixels on large tanks/AFVs.

Leaves a lot of room for model builders.

H.P.

1 Like

Evidence of Russian Tochka-U system in Ukraine.

H.P.

H.P.

1 Like

A fact about Russian artillery. The CO of the Bundeswehr Artillerieschule.ststed that Russia is using 60.000 rounds per day(!). He also states that Ukrainian artillery crews are well trained and highly motivated so that training with the Panzerhaubitze 2000 was fast and efficient.

2 Likes