Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis

Playground Equipment. Kids would love it.

could the track tension issues be caused by over loading? both pictures had a lot of people sitting on the roof with possibly more inside?
wouldn’t the suspension be squashed sitting lower to the ground?

2 Likes

That’s what I had in mind…

H.P.

1 Like

Don’t go dumping old tanks on playgrounds!
It will only give Russia a real reason for aiming missiles at playgrounds.
They already hit playgrounds occasionally but tanks, new, old or even antique,
would give them legitimate reasons …

The FH-70 is fitted with an on-board 1700 cc Volkswagen engine to power the hydraulics and to assist bringing the gun into and out of action (with hand pump back-up) and to move the gun up to 20 kilometres (12 mi) at low speed without towing by an artillery tractor :

H.P.

The Cheshire Cat M1083 is back

Former users markings :

H.P.

2 Likes

Lets all think positive thoughts for a new VAB in 35th!

2 Likes

2-3FA- 2nd Battalion, 3rd Field Artillery Regiment (United States) - Wikipedia

2 Likes

I’m French!

4 Likes

Just a comparisson image.

I fart in your general direction…

2 Likes

“Italy decided to donate OTO Melara M109L 155mm self-propelled howitzers to the Ukrainian army - this is an modernization to the A3 standard with a 39 calibre barrel similar to FH-70. The exact number is unknown, but soon to be delivered to Ukraine”

H.P.

3 Likes

here’s the full image of the M-109L

2 Likes

You could use the Tamiya/Italeri M109A3G kit and custom build the Oto Melrara 155mm main gun.

i was just about to comment on that. You’d think they would’ve “sterilize” the gun before sending it to Ukraine. Guess they forgot to remove the unit ID on the gun.

Oh well…

1 Like

Marines don’t do better…

H.P.

4 Likes

@fromSalekhard you might find some fun in watching this history lesson of a U.S. force invading a country that knew it was coming and at the time Iraq was the fourth largest tank army in the world. The T72 had a fun time with the Abrams at arms length.

Watch all four videos and see the total loss by coalition in the five day mop up event.

5 Likes

Yep…I thought that as well

Thanks a lot for the links.
Artificial intelligence Yandex voices an English-language video in Russian. Very visual material. A very interesting event. I enjoyed it.
Whatever doesn’t kill us makes us stronger” Friedrich Nietzsche.
It worked for the US 30 years ago, it will work for us.

Captured armor rehabilitation

H.P.

4 Likes