Modern colors and Tamiya paints

Doing some research for light and dark ghost greys for the SC ANG AH-64A. I found the following on the net, forget where or timeframe of the post.
XF-19 for light ghost gray and XF-53 for Dark Ghost Gray. With the new colors they have released over the years, does this still work or is there better colors to use in the Tamiya line? I do have a bunch of grey Vallejos but haven’t done any research yet to ask a pointed question but welcome any help.

Thanks,

Hataka is my preferred poison these days. AK Interactive, MIG, Vallejo, Lifecolor … My experience/ knowledge with Tamiya is their paints are kinda/ sorta the color. An XF color might be close to an FS color, but usable as an RAL color, and a near match to a BSC color… all from1 bottle.

1 Like

@Tank_1812 ,
Tamiya make a Dark and Light Ghost Gray in their LP line of paints. I don’t know how accurate they are though.

1 Like

I use a great ap to look at the called out color against the colors I have. It has about every hobby paint line in it along with FS , RAL, and RLM colors. I really like the ap.

Hobby Color Converter is the name, I got it through the Google Play Store. Not affiliated in any way, just a very happy user.

1 Like

I know this thread is ancient by forum standards, but in case the OP is still open to additional information/opinions, I think the AK Real Colors are great! RC252 and RC251 are Light Ghost Grey and Dark Ghost Grey, respectively. In my experience, they ‘perform and handle’ quite similarly to Tamiya paints (the acrylic, not the lacquer line).

1 Like