Moebius Chrysler 300B 1956

I thought I would give this a go. I won’t do a history of the Chrysler 300 series. Rowan Baylis did a review of the Moebius 1955 300 earlier this year.
I have never actually built a kit of an American car so a first so it should tick two boxes for me. A first US car and the opportunity to practice some 2K clear coating which went horribly wrong on my other current build for the Heart of the Beast campaign, a Ferrari. Since they’re both red it should help.
The kit itself is pretty cool

A few mold lines that will be easy to deal with
The floor pan and chassis are separate which is nice.

And the details are pretty sharp.

So first up will be the paint booth in a nice Ducati Red. The original was Regimental Red but the Ducati red is what I have so apologies to Chrysler purists.

cheers
Michael

1 Like

Outstanding, carry on!

Cheers, D

Michael,
I already posted on your test mule post. Hopefully the big beast of the 1960s will survive that, and then be ready for a full build. I’m confident that Rowan’s kit is back in the box still waiting for it’s turn on his bench which right now is seeing aircraft kits cross it.

joel

Its red and it is glossy which is a bit hard to tell from the photos. The 2k worked very well this time with just a few dust mites to deal with.

I will polished it up now and see if I can take some better photos. The downside of a successful paint and clear coat job is I feel an obligation to build the rest of the car. Maybe if I can the Ferrari finished this will be the next build.

cheers
Michael

2 Likes

Michael,
congrats on the paint job. excellent shine especially before polishing and waxing. Looking forward to seeing how she turns out. And yes, by all means build the kit now.

joel

The Ducati red looks great on the Chrysler.

Thanks Jesper!. This is probably the best finish I have achieved on a car - not quite Danish watch perfection but pretty close :slightly_smiling_face:

cheers
Michael

1 Like