Monogram 1/24 Scale 427 Shelby Cobra racing version

Amazing work again, Joel! :+1: Love the blue of the chassis!

Torsten

Torsten,
Thanks so much for taking the time to checkout my little old Cobra build. The paint finish so far is the highlight of the build by far.

Joel

Well, my 427 cobra build has crossed the finish line. 

Since my last update all the final details have been address and added.  

Thanks to all that have followed my build, it’s always greatly appreciated.

Joel

5 Likes

Beautiful job as always Joel . Now place it in the
Atomic Realism Fumbulator and push the Presto button and change it into a real one …

Ken,
I’m more then thrilled at how my little 427 Cobra turned out. Some times I even surprise myself.

Joel

Richard,
Your approval on my finished builds really means quite a lot to me, but then again, you already know that.

Sure wish that I had one of the Atomic Realism Fumbulators, as owning and driving a 427 Cobra would really be something else. I’d have the perfect ride to come visit you when this Pandemic is finally over.

Joel

Beautiful work Joel, as always :clap: :clap: :clap:

Beautiful build of a true classic Joel, great job. Lots of very nice details that bring it to life!

Cheers, D

Russell,
Thanks so much for your most positive comments, and thanks for following my build to its conclusion. It truly means quite a lot to me.

Joel

1 Like

D,
Thanks so much for your thumbs up on my Cobra build. I really enjoyed the addition of those little details including those done with a paint brush.

Joel

Awesome work, Joel! Congrats on finishing a beautiful model. Thanks for sharing your work.

Torsten :vulcan_salute:

Torsten,
Always a very special day when you post on one of my builds. I’m thrilled that you like how the Cobra turned out.

Joel

Superb piece of work Joel.

Wow Joel, quite an epic build story, and great results! Cheers on this winner - the paint, it’s especially nice!! :+1: the front picture is my favorite!

Cheers
Nick

just read, on Mecum auctions website, that Carroll Shelby’s personal 427 Cobra will be put to auction in January. The car, was in Shelby’s possession, from new until his passing, in 2012; now restored to concours condition.

Nick & Jesper,
Thanks so much guys for your continued support throughout the build, as well as your double thumbs up as my infamous Beach Boys “Hey Little Cobra” crossed my miniature finish line.

I’ve got to admit that I was a little leery at the start of the build at how everything would go, but boy was I wrong. The entire build was a super positive experience.

Took me years of trying over and over again to be able to reach the level that I now paint at, and I’m the 1st one to admit that I still have a long way to go. Thank goodness for Super Clear Gloss, and Gravity’s polishing system, coupled with Mequiar’s synthetic wax that I use on my Coupe.

And Nick, that’s my favorite shot as well. I always try to have one picture from the front, and one picture from the rear.

Joel

Jesper,
As for Shelby’s Cobra going on the block, I do watch some of these auctions on tv, and I’ve seen mint perfect original 427 Cobras go $1.4 million plus. I can only imagine that Shelby’s will break the bank.

I also saw the auction that had the unrestored Mustang driven by still McQueen in the movie Bullet sell for $3.4 million. Now that’s nuts.

Joel

Shelby’s Cobra sold for 5 940 000$ :astonished:

Jesper,
No chance I was the buyer. I’d be $5,939, 999 short with my allotted budget.

Joel