Monogram 1/24 scale IMSA Ford Mustang GTP

Michael,
I’ll take a few pics of the layout and post it here tomorrow. It’s far from done, but my main interest is Operations, and it runs and operates flawlessly.

joel

1 Like

Right up to your usual standard Joel, lovely work! Really good to see you back mate, what’s next up on the bench?

Cheers, D

Wonderful build, Joel, and a great finish in typical Ford colours.
The name Klaus Ludwig I connect with this guy:
Klaus Ludwig - Wikipedia
Is he that?

For many years I also had a model railway (you know, like father, like son …) but in N-Scale. It’s long gone now, though I still have all the engines and cars. It needed too much space and became too expensive for me … :unamused:

Torsten
:beers:

Superb effort, Joel! Well worth the wait :slightly_smiling_face:

D,
Great to finally be back in the saddle once again. Now that the model Railroad is at least fully operational, my time is split equally by the week between it and Car modeling.

As for my next build, I just started the Meng 1/24 scale 1966 Ford GT40 MkII LeMans winner. It’s the Black #2 that was driven by Bruce McLaren and Chris Amon both from New Zealand.

joel

2 Likes

Torsten,
Great to hear from you as I really missed all my friends here on Kit Maker.

As for Klaus Ludwig, he’s one in the same. One heck of a great driver for sure.

These days I can’t even see N Scale with my poor (and gettting worse eyesight). The hobby is expensive for sure, but once the layout is up and running I just live on a small build budget doing what I can afford at any one time. Gotta start catching up on your builds as I’m sure that you’ve turned out some outstanding aircraft over the last half a year or so.

joel

Russelle,
Thanks for the thumbs up, it’s greatly appreciated. I’ve always counted you as one of my closer buddies here.

joel

1 Like

Thanks mate! :slightly_smiling_face:

Looking forward to seeing you work your magic on the GT40 :muscle:

Russelle,
I’m already planning to build the Fujimi Ford GT40 MI Gulf Wyler car that won in 1969 with a 3 liter engine as the big 7 liter engines were banned.
joel

1 Like