MPC Coca Cola ‘69 Charger kit

Giving myself a break from building tanks.

Picked this up at thf local WalMart and decided to go another way.

Just a quick build. Nothing I will spend a lot of effort in building, but enough effort to make it nice.

Now, anyone remembers the movie “Dirty Mary; Crazy Larry” with Peter Fonda and Susan George?

I wanted to base my build loosely on the 1969 Dodge Charger R/T 440 used in the movie.

So I decided to paint the car in Light Green, to get as close as possible to the original color.

This kit is not big on details; no emblems, no engine and just a very simple interior.

Decided to strictly use spray paints and not my airbrush; with some help from a liquid chrome pen for the chrome trim inside and out.

Just something to relax and move away from OD Green and CARC tan for the weekend.

6 Likes

cool topic and a nice looking muscle car … and thats a great film as well

Looks good. :+1:

Reynier @SableLiger you probably believe you picked this model up on a whim but rest assured you were guided by the Spirit of “Ma MOPAR” to lustfully grab that model kit and bring it home if for no other reason than to rectify the horrendous box art rendering of the illustrious Charger in a red and green paint scheme. The 1969 Dodge R/T Charger is THE most awesome automobile ever manufactured during the heyday of the Muscle Car era and I congratulate you and hold you in the highest esteem for you selection. The car as it appears in the movie “Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry” is painted in Sublime Green, not a factory offering until a year later on the '70 Cuda and '70 Challenger, the color you’ve chosen seems closer to “Sassy Grass Green” (another MOPAR fun color from that era) and looks very nice on your Charger. Those Magnum wheels just go with this car perfectly and I know you’re gonna have an outstanding presentation on the shelf with your other models. Kudos my friend for your choice, the eyes of Detroit are upon you. :+1: :wink:

Cajun :crocodile:

1 Like

The Mopar Gods are good to me. I’ve been a Mopar person since I pulled off the dealership in 2017 with my favorite Mopar.

My 2017 Dodge Challenger T/A 392.

3 Likes

Very nice! Sadly, 2023 will be the last production year for the Challenger series. Once again the suits in corporate have brought out the axe and circumcised any chance of redemption of it’s reputation in the auto industry. :slightly_frowning_face:

Cajun :crocodile:

2 Likes

Now I really dislike you lol … seriously, just kidding … absolutely green (every shade you can imagine) with envy … My No1 choice of car if I could have one (or rather , SWMBO if she’d let me lol) Beautiful lines and just looks badass … Have you driven the Hellcat or Demons ? Is the above a daily ride ? And I am gutted they are stopping them … is that really happening ?

1 Like

My 2016 Challener R/T Plus Shaker. Mopar fan since the late '60’s

Cheers
:beer: :nerd_face: :beer:

5 Likes

After reading your profile and the street signs, I’ve discovered you’re a fellow Arizonan. Cheers, eh! :beers:

Ya, it is amazing what a Canuk will do to go somewhere where it does not snow and your car does not rust before your eyes

Cheers

1 Like

OK OK … can we pleeeease stop with the pictures of everyones Challengers !!! its not helping me one little bit :see_no_evil: :sob:

2 Likes

:rofl: Sorry mate. Got carried away. I love Mopars, that’s all. I still have a 69 Daytona that needs my attention as well.

3 Likes

Was only kidding … I will never ever get tired of looking at Challengers lol (the car or the tank :grin:)

2 Likes

I may add a Chally 2t o my stash here real soon… Eyeballing an RFM.

2 Likes

Highly recommended … great build and indi links that are very easy and work great. I am getting another … and you get 3 decent decal versions if I remember right. I did a one off as an all Black Chally for the Command and control group build thats still going on.

Thats the badboy

2 Likes

If I do find the kit (and I will); it will most likely built as a Challenger 2 from 2d Royal Tank Regiment from Operation Telic.

I met a lot of Brits during my time in Kuwait during the early stages of Op Iraqi Freedom. And I’ve always held the Challenger 2 in high regard, as a formidable tank.

1 Like

I had to look it up but now I remember that movie. The ending totally bummed me out back in the day and took me totally by surprise at the time.

Cheers

1 Like

Yeah! Sad ending for a great car; Kind of the same for the CHallenger in “Vanishing Point”… :frowning_face:

1 Like

And she is done. Quick and dirty.

7 Likes

Nice clean neat build … looks lovely :+1: :+1:

1 Like