Mt-lb

The D-20 is too big at 152mm. The MT-LB was prime mover for the lighter/smaller 120mm D-30 howitzer. It is also available from Trumpeter in early and late versions.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies , ive just got the trumpeter late cannon version .

1 Like

looking good so far.

1 Like

Nice and clean build.
I built the Skif one years ago. Not a perfect kit but with some attention it could turn into a pretty nice rendition.

Olivier

1 Like

This weeks spends…

2 Likes

Painting, black first , not done a model this way in a long time . Mr surfacer 1500 thinned with levelling thinner,

2 Likes

Then i choose to go with tamiya dark green , mixed with a bit of clear . Then lighter coats with flat yellow. I used tamiya thinners…worked great .

6 Likes

Got some zeds on…little bit of hairspray chipping , not sure whether to clear coat before weathering…probably will.

9 Likes

Nice work with the the greens. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Oil work on the lower hull

5 Likes

7 Likes

Put the shutters up…

11 Likes

Wheels painted , more dust will be on them when i tie it all in with the tracks…which will be painted next.

6 Likes

Almost done , some detail painting here n there , but thats all.

7 Likes

7 Likes

10 Likes

For those that are interested, the only thing different between those kits (and the Chinese version) is the attachment of the towing lug to the muzzle brake. In other words, they are early and late D-30s, not a D-30 and D-30A.

KL

1 Like

I have been making the gun on and off for a while , nearly ready for paint now

3 Likes

4 Likes

It aĺl just about comes apart for painting , i put a 2mm rod through for the wheels …an axle i guess . Green is the colour .

2 Likes