Mt-lb

Always wanted a decent model of this , had the skiff kit , used it as a paint mule , got the trumpeter one and putting a bit of time into it.

7 Likes

The trumpeter kit is really nice. I have seen a few builds of them with the full interior done and they look really good.

1 Like

The only bit i dont like is the periscopes up front dont line up with what i see in the references on line . Other than that its a solid kit .

2 Likes

Painting the interior , alot of masking , green first , then white .

3 Likes

Some oil work on the hull top

3 Likes

Almost done with oils and weathering on the inside

6 Likes

As is my norm I have the Skif kit in my stash; whilst I appreicate the likely superiority of Trumpeter how is the Skif version?

1 Like

This is about all I’m using from the kit. Even this part was molded on top of the hull - I had to sand the hull out from underneath it.

1 Like

Brilliant! 'Nuff said!

Depressingly perhaps, I know I’ll soldier on, albeit perversely, with the Skif one.

1 Like

I made that kit years ago…detail was soft and the tracks pretty bad , didn’t look tooo bad when done .

1 Like

Well, sounds like a target for my usual methodology then: mud, camouflage nets or figures to distract(!)

I have a suspicion that deep within my stash I acquired some Friuls for this.

Thanks John.

2 Likes

If not it would make a great burned out, a few wheels and tracks blown off project.

1 Like

It would indeed, but I’m not too sure that I could bring that off - far too much work! My original plan was to have it towing one of these:

reflecting a picture in an old British Army manual about the Soviet Army; the picture was an aerial shot so I suspect was probabaly taken by the Chipmunk aircraft operating out of Berlin and flying up and down the corridors snapping away. Anyway, that’s the plan - one day(!)

1 Like

I would love to have an artillery piece towed behind , what companies do modern russian guns ?

1 Like

5 Likes

4 Likes

6 Likes

Couple of progress pics…nearly done. Tracks to do next .

1 Like

Trumpeter does a D-20. I’m pretty sure the Russians still use the D-20

2 Likes

That vehicle just begs for a ZSU-23-2 on top.

2 Likes