Museum of Technology of Vadim Zadorozhny

The 11th All-Russian exhibition-competition of scale models-copies “Stand. Moscow-2023” has ended, which was held from June 17 to July 2 at the Museum of Technology of Vadim Zadorozhny in the village of Arkhangelskoye near Moscow.
While I offer you links to a photo review of the models participating in the contest,

Part 1 - aviation and navy
Part 2 - cars, afv and figurines

I’ll talk about the museum itself a little later. Especially since they consider themselves the largest private museum of historical technology in Europe.

9 Likes

Great looking entries there Yuri- museums always make a nice place for model competitions I think!

1 Like

Looks like a good show with lots of nice entries and kits on display :+1:

1 Like

Let’s start! The museum is large, there is a lot of material: I will lay it out for a long time and in parts.
(For publication on the site, I reduce the size of the photos. If someone needs a more detailed photo - write here.)

15 years since the founding of one of the largest and most remarkable Russian technical museums is a good occasion for a story about the Vadim Zadorozhny Museum of Technology.

I have been to this museum several times and will be again, but still it will not be enough.

On my first visit, I was shocked by the surreal sight of the employees directing the exit from the wash of some large Mercedes with a blonde behind the wheel, protecting its body from colliding with the bumper of a pre-war armored car standing next to it in the yard.

I must say that such a hodgepodge of times and peoples has remained a feature of this particular museum. And this is not surprising: the museum was formed and located on the territory of an auto repair enterprise.

Although sometimes there you don’t really understand: where is the exhibit, and where is the car being serviced.

Then you get used to it and you are no longer surprised. But not for long, only before the entrance to the building.

And although it says “Автомобили и мотоциклы” (Cars and motorcycles) inside there is not only motorcycles and cars. But you will see this only when you get used to the gleam of chrome, the shine of the headlights and the reflection of the hoods.

To be continued …

8 Likes

Strange parking arrangements, but the museum does look interesting

1 Like

No, this is not a parking lot. Visitor parking is separate and outside the museum. These are the cars of the customers of the car repair shop.
As I said, this is the peculiarity of this museum. In others, this is not the case.

3 Likes

Yeah I got that … I was just meaning about the part where you said cars “awaiting servicing” … sorry for the confusion :+1:

1 Like

Hey Yuri,

Nice museum has Mr Zadorozhny too bad I won’t be able to visit soo, absolutely would love a plastic model of that FAI armored car. Nice pictures of the exposed models, too

I would like to ask you that the next time you put online pictures of privately owned cars. please black-out their registration number.

Gabriel

1 Like

Hi Gabriel,

I must honestly say that the existing plastic sets of the FAI-M armored car and its relatives are of very mediocre quality.

As for

In my youth (in the USSR), when I loved reading Gerald Durrell’s books, the chances of me going to a tropical island were about the same as my chances of going to the moon.

Okay, I’ll keep that in mind for the future. And I will be grateful if you explain to me the reasons for this. And I’ll ask right away: what to do with the faces of random people caught in the frame?

2 Likes

[quote=“fromSalekhard, post:9, topic:31448”]
what to do with the faces
[/quote] The same :stuck_out_tongue: It is about privacy and to prevent cars getting stolen or mangled with by third parties. I mean I am a rando from the Internets so please don’t get offended, do what you think is right.

1 Like

If you did not suffer from strabismus, then you will, your eyes here really scatter in different directions. But if you used to be cross-eyed, now correct yourself – they (the eyes) also really gather in a heap!

There are a lot of exhibits here that do not reflect light, but significantly attract attention. Both in terms of design and year of manufacture.

There is even such a small corner dedicated to domestic jet technology.

And there is no secret in the fact that the first Soviet jet engine was not Soviet, but English.

To be continued …

10 Likes

Interesting to see English text on the placards.

1 Like

In Moscow museums, this is practically the norm. Below are photos from various museums.

6 Likes

The second floor – the kingdom of motorcycles!

With a little interspersed with motor scooters,

Oh, and bikes are not forgotten.

To be continued …

9 Likes

Well, this is something I did not expect to see; a Dodge Challenger Hellcat in Russia.

3 Likes

There are also more unexpected inclusions. How do you like these fenced areas of the Luftwaffe

and the Wehrmacht?

However, there are both American and Soviet “occupation” zones here,

on the border of which there is a unique opportunity to compare the two heroes of military impassability.

There are no less unusual and picturesque corners of various themes.

Here you have a unique opportunity to look at the planes from top to bottom.

To be continued …

10 Likes

Near the building, in its entire length, in two columns under a canopy, there is equipment from the period of the Great Patriotic War (ours) and World War II (Lend-Lease and German).

It is here that the tanks are very close to each other. Although further is already much more spacious.

Further, the exposition continues with columns of more modern equipment: ground – on the one hand,

aviation – on the other.

But both columns end in the same way – with anti-aircraft guns.

In these series there are gaps with a concise and logical justification (text: “Change of exposure”).

Not all columns are already formed, some are still in the process of being drawn up – there is still enough empty space.

To be continued…

9 Likes

The same applies to a train covered by a canopy.

I think both the canopy and the path will be continued. Even there is confidence in this.

Surely in order to connect with the Nazi train,

on the platforms of which it stands as a logically expected technique,

so illogical and unexpected…

But these military vehicles side by side – fit normally into the era,

including prototypes of some fairly recent kits and conversions.

To be continued …

7 Likes

And behind these trains is the oldest territorial formation of the museum – the Alley of Military Equipment. On my first visit, eight years ago, she was already in almost the same form.

To be continued …

8 Likes

Looks like a very full and interesting museum.

1 Like