My Battlestar Galactica print

Here is my 24" Galactica printed and cleaned up. Any BSG fans here on KitMaker?

The BattleScale Collectica Show

11 Likes

That’s an impressive 3D print. How many different pieces and subassemblies?

2 Likes

where did you get the files for BSG print?

1 Like

Hey A-Buff,
It is printed in 28 main pieces.

2 Likes

https://www.gambody.com

2 Likes

This version was printed on a Raise3D Pro FDM printer, and I redesigned the original engine grills and will be scratch building inside the 2 hanger bays etc. My custom grill is the version on the right. also printed in PLA.

5 Likes

I’ve been a BSG fanatic since my teen years when it ran in prime time. I was in lust with Athena (Maren Jansen). Never missed an episode. Had all the models. Got seriously into the second series, too, as an adult. So well done! I don’t see how they kept up production values. Another phenomenal series. Can’t say enough good stuff about BSG.

7 Likes

That looks fantastic and really well detailed … Big BSG fan… Old and new. Well thought out modern series … Shame it ended…

3 Likes

A little younger but I could appreciate the visual but the storyline was over my head. Did like the cylon upgrade in the reboot.

Not sure which Viper kit I have with lighted interior bits. Did have a cylon ship for a bit, not sure where that flew off too.

That does look like a nice print/s. :+1:

4 Likes

who didn’t love Athena?? (except maybe Starbuck lol)

2 Likes

And another on the way.

4 Likes

Really ?? Whats the gen ??

2 Likes

I’ve heard that, but its been in development for 5 years so we’ll see if they ever move forward.
I hope its a clean reboot not a continuation of the recent version.

1 Like

Not a reboot, but takes place in the same universe as the 2003 series.

2 Likes

sounds like Caprica all over again to me.

3 Likes

I was highly annoyed when they cancelled it.

2 Likes

I’ve started printing a 3/4 studio scale version - 50" - and I’ll be detailing it on the show.

2 Likes

Looking forward to this now.

3 Likes

What the heck? I think I just butt posted. But nice picture!

LOL